WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: REI Flash 50

Default REI Flash 50

Was looking for a smaller bag and picked up the Flash50 with the REI coupon. Just got it and I love it. Havent used it on the trail yet but put some weight in it and walked around and its cozy. So far so good.

Great backpack, I've used it the last two summers on the Long Trail and without any issues.
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Hash House Harrier

Nice choice. A solid bag, and they take well to modding. It's popular to reduce their weight by clipping off some of the extra stuff.
    Though much is taken, much abides, and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts.

Images

The Flash 65 was one of the best fitting and comfortable backpacks I've ever owned. I'm sure the Flash 50 is just as awesome.

I almost got that pack until Deuter sent me an ACT Lite 50+10... it just seems like a very well made/designed pack with a good weight and great price... can't beat it! Hope it works well for you for many years!

I really like my Flash 65, but it's overkill for an overnighter, especially in summer. I tried to get my kit to fit into an OP Skyline 8.0 (WallyWorld special), but it's just a tad too small. Looks like the Flash 50 might be jusssst right.

I looked the Flash 50 over this weekend. Great pack (although I ended up with a The North Face Alteo) but I found it fit a bit differently than my Flash 65 (both sized M in mens). If you can, make sure you try it on before buying, just in case you need to go for a different size than your Flash 65.

Cheers!

I know this is an old thread, but.... REI has the flash 50, last year's model, in REI-outlet for $99. Plus as of today, you can get an additional 20% off something in REI-outlet. Pretty good deal.

++ New Posts ++