WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default great trail dog available

i thru hiked in 2000 and now have a small farm in upstate newyork and a baby on the way. my wife and i have a beautiful malamute/shepherd mix female dog, Xena ( 90lbs, 1 1/2 years old, spayed). she loves hiking and is an excellent trail dog. We think she'd love to be on the AT and would make an awesome companion. If you're looking for a good hiking buddy she's available to a thru-hiker with the option of keeping her after or returning her to us.
    We love her and wish the best for her. contact us, deva and tarzan
    607 546 4340
    or [email protected]

we're easier to reach by phone

You claim to like this dog but your offering it to any bozo who wants her. This post does not make sense. I smell Troll.

No not at all. We love this dog dearly, and want her to be doing what she needs to be doing, which is hiking and being outside as much as possible. My wife is about to have a baby, which we are worried about the compatability of a malamute mix large dog and a baby which will soon be a toddler. We don't feel like we're going to be able to find her a decent home in our area, if someone living in town wanted her she wouldn't be happy in such a small space and around where we live is all farms and she is not a breed of dog for a farm( i.e. malamutes and chickens do NOT mix well). I'm trying to find xena the BEST home possible and having thru-hiked the AT i know she would be so content on the trail and possibly long term with a hiking-minded person. Do you really think we'd just give her to any old "bozo"??!!!jeez. She's our dog and we love her and it breaks our heart to be making this decision, we posted the sign on this website thinking we could have conversations with people potentially interested in having an awesome trail companion. You'd probably do well to not make so many assumptions perhaps.

++ New Posts ++