WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

what else is new? I think we now have the most dysfunctional federal government in the history of this country.

Journal Entries

Amen and Amen!

"Although inserting policy changes into appropriations bills is a common strategy when government is divided as it is now, no one can remember such an aggressive use of the tactic against natural resources. "

Images

+1

There is no one to blame but ourselves. Regardless of the party - we put these bozos in government. I used to believe that there was certain honor in working for the government - you know serve the people, build a better country for our children and all that. I don't buy that any more - at least when it comes to people on the top levels of the pyramid.

Images

"I think we now have the most dysfunctional federal government in the history of this country."

+1<br><br>There is no one to blame but ourselves.&nbsp; Regardless of the party - we put these bozos in government. &nbsp; I used to believe that there was certain honor in working for the government - you know serve the people, build a better country for our children and all that.&nbsp; I don't buy that any more - at least when it comes to people on the top levels of the pyramid.

Images

"I think we now have the most dysfunctional federal government in the history of this country."

+1

There is no one to blame but ourselves.&amp;nbsp; Regardless of the party - we put these bozos in government. &amp;nbsp; I used to believe that there was certain honor in working for the government - you know serve the people, build a better country for our children and all that.&amp;nbsp; I don't buy that any more - at least when it comes to people on the top levels of the pyramid.
    Last edited by ebandlam; 07-29-2011 at 10:12. Reason: - Edited to reference the comment of dysfunctional government

Images

holding the world hostage to force through an agenda is pretty disgusting.The party of division forgets how many times sacred Mr reagan raised both the debt ceiling and taxes during his term.and just so you know, although Im a registered democrat, Ive voted republican more often in my life than democrat. Im a pragmatist, and so was reagan. even he understood bills need to be paid.Our government is broken, and I have no idea how we can fix it.
    sorry for the rant, but Im pretty angry right now.

Default who is holdin who hostage?

[QUOTE=hikerboy57;1185260]holding the world hostage to force through an agenda is pretty disgusting.

are you talking DEMS, REPUBS, or the Bamster?

My first and only political post here on WB: The Republican-controlled House is the ONLY body to propose a written plan to increase the debt ceiling limit. Four of them at last count, and the Democrat-controlled Senate promised to vote the last two down before even seeing them.

There's plenty of blame to go around here.

Quote Originally Posted by ebandlam View Post

+1

There is no one to blame but ourselves.&amp;nbsp; Regardless of the party - we put these bozos in government. &amp;nbsp; I used to believe that there was certain honor in working for the government - you know serve the people, build a better country for our children and all that.&amp;nbsp; I don't buy that any more - at least when it comes to people on the top levels of the pyramid.

What do you want?

A healthy Environment or the the freedom to put the pedal to the metal and plastic (ultra lite) everything! With out a thought of how many Marines and Soldiers die to get it. Rape the land, there's money to be had and the politicians know it.

Apathy is the problem! Most Americans can name more celebrities than name there elected leaders!

Images

i think we need to switch to religion before this turns nasty.

They are both the same party anyways, giving people the illusion of "choice".

Images

just like the rest of the country, about 10% of congress represents the fringes of the rest of congress as well as this country. I blame both republican and democratic party leaders for not even attempting to find the common ground that most of America shares, and stop the polarization thats happening in the good old uSA.And I blame their leader for not bringing them together. Most of America agrees on a lot more than they disgaree on. theres got to be a better way of representing this reality. its broken, it needs to be fixed.

++ New Posts ++