I have owned the HH Light Racer A-Sym for over a year now. Tom is really reluctant to sell this model to anyone who intends to use it for backpacking purposes rather than racing (potential durability issues). The longest continuous use I have put it through thus far was six days on Isle Royal Nat'l Park. So far everything about my experience with this model has been great. I've slept in an absolute down pour and stayed dry. I should note that as hard as it was raining, it was all vertical rain and since the fly provides minimal coverage, some creative staking and guylining would be required in the event of more horizontal rain.

The hammock fabric is indeed lightweight, perhaps to the point of having the appearence of vulnerability. But I am one of those that can be some-what over-the-top when if comes to the care of gear and as yet I haven't noticed any signs of wear. I guess the point of my post is to see if their are others who have experience with this model or the HH Adventure Racer. Has anyone experienced problems with durability regarding either of these models? Any fly pitching strategies you can suggest in the event of wind-blown rain?