WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Car broken into at Williamstown, MA / Pine Cobble Road

The Williamstown, MA Police Dept called me late last night to report that my daughter's car was broken into yesterday at the trailhead parking area for the Pine Cobble Trail (AT access trail) in Williamstown, MA while she was out hiking. The BG's broke out the driver's side window. The officer (really nice guy) said he taped and plastic(ed) the window. I texted her and she was really upset, but there wasn't anything of great value left in the car so . . . She'll be back there Friday, so I'm hoping the plastic keeps the rain out. :sigh: crime is everywhere
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    The Williamstown, MA Police Dept called me late last night to report that my daughter's car was broken into yesterday at the trailhead parking area for the Pine Cobble Trail (AT access trail) in Williamstown, MA while she was out hiking. The BG's broke out the driver's side window. The officer (really nice guy) said he taped and plastic(ed) the window. I texted her and she was really upset, but there wasn't anything of great value left in the car so . . . She'll be back there Friday, so I'm hoping the plastic keeps the rain out. :sigh: crime is everywhere
    That sucks. You should let the ATC know. Why do they always pick the drivers side window? Adding insult to injury, when the passenger side window would do (quick access to the glove box).

Images

I already emailed ATC. I'm more concerned that knowing about it is going to spoil the rest of her hike, (insurance will cover all but $100 of the window damage) but I had to find out if any credit cards, checks, etc were left in the car - there weren't. Told her to forget about it and enjoy the rest of the hike.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Default Not the first time...

I thru hiked the LT last summer and saw a car broken in at the trail head when I started at Pine Cobble. From the looks of the parking lot that wasn't the first time then either. There was piles of glass everywhere from broken windows. Definitely not a place to leave the car

CDT - 2013, PCT - 2009, AT - 1300 miles done burger's Avatar

I would encourage the OP to post a comment at the unofficial (but extremely excellent) AT parking page:
    http://rohland.homedns.org/at/state/...&sectionID=119

Images

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    I would encourage the OP to post a comment at the unofficial (but extremely excellent) AT parking page:
    http://rohland.homedns.org/at/state/...&sectionID=119
    Done. Thanks for the link.

++ New Posts ++