WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Companion for Shenandoah NP, Oct 9-14

I have a reservation for Oct 9 through 14, leaving Oct 15 (Sunday-Thursday nights) at Skyland in Shenandoah NP, unit is Canyon, #167, upper level, private porch facing west (= sunset), view of Shenandoah Valley and Massanutten mountains across the valley. Room has two queen-size beds. Been to Shenandoah about 30 times, all seasons, this is the best. Know many of the trails by heart, but I still carry the book!

The park is full on weekends, weekdays are good, 1/4 mile off the trailhead and one is (almost) alone. Day hike(s), lunch on the trail (usually apples, brie or sandwiches, wine), then back in time to shower, watch the sunset with hot buttered rum in hand, then dinner at the lodge, Tap Room optional.

Plan to fly into Dulles Saturday, rent a car, stay in Warrenton (fine restaurant there), into the park leisurely on Sunday. (Flights from Austin, TX, can't get there early enough for me to fly in on the same day as getting to the lodge.) If you can get to IAD before noon on Sunday and prefer that, I will stay near there, pick you up at the airport.

About me: Male, 70yo, in shape, active. References, online profile (with photo )available.

Images

gray + pink = Grink Blazing?
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Just what are you suggesting, Mr. Buzzard?

Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    And that means? If it is supposed to be humourous, your act needs work.
    "I have simple tastes. I like the best." Ascribed to Oscar Wilde.

++ New Posts ++