WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana Need hiking partner for NOBO 2012 charity trek

Hi all,

I am in need of a hiking partner for a 2012 NOBO trek. I will be looking to leave sometime during the second half of March and hope to average 15-20 miles a day, which would leave me finishing in August sometime. I know I will meet plenty of people along the way, but would prefer the sense of security of having somebody to count on from the start.

Also, I am hiking for charity. This way I have more of a purpose and somewhere to look for motivation when needed. I will be hiking for To Write Love On Her Arms.

Here is my blog for more information...http://sethsatjourney.blogspot.com

Hey I would be interested in going with you, I myself was thinking on doing a charity for M.S. but decided not to. I am planning of leaving March 5th...but that might change if the weather looks bad. I will think about it though I do want to find someone I can somewhat get to know to start out with... so unless you are flexible with your start date I will have to pass...for now. Do you gave a trail name..? I look for you on the trail.............DIESEL

I am planning on a march 10 start date depending on weather, which should let me finish by the end of August. I will be hiking for Active Water, which provides clean drinking water to villages in Africa. Not planning on doing as many miles a day starting out but will work up to that. Maybe I will see you out there! Great blog and great organization to support by the way. I may steal your business card idea

Jillienne

I'm also looking at Northbound hiking starting in early March! I'm hoping to do 15-20 miles a day but also realize that its not necessarily gonna happen the way i want it to. I'm very nervous at starting out alone and hoping to find a couple of people to start out with.

I am also planning a mid March northbound hike. I am hiking for charity-"hiking for vets" which will be my trail name. However I am 63 years old and you might see that as a problem; however I am in great shape and plan on finishing in 6 months or less.

Quote Originally Posted by yotarunner77 View Post
    Hey I would be interested in going with you, I myself was thinking on doing a charity for M.S. but decided not to. I am planning of leaving March 5th...but that might change if the weather looks bad. I will think about it though I do want to find someone I can somewhat get to know to start out with... so unless you are flexible with your start date I will have to pass...for now. Do you gave a trail name..? I look for you on the trail.............DIESEL

That is def earlier than I was thinking. I do not have a trail name yet. I am waiting to be deemed one. Also, you should most certainly go for it and hike for M.S.

Quote Originally Posted by carpattack View Post
    I am planning on a march 10 start date depending on weather, which should let me finish by the end of August. I will be hiking for Active Water, which provides clean drinking water to villages in Africa. Not planning on doing as many miles a day starting out but will work up to that. Maybe I will see you out there! Great blog and great organization to support by the way. I may steal your business card idea
    Thanks, I appreciate your support. You should definitely get some cards...contact as many people as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jillienne View Post
    I'm also looking at Northbound hiking starting in early March! I'm hoping to do 15-20 miles a day but also realize that its not necessarily gonna happen the way i want it to. I'm very nervous at starting out alone and hoping to find a couple of people to start out with.
    You will def work up to it. After two weeks you'll be on your way to getting fit and achieving your trail legs. 15-20 miles will eventually seem like a walk in the park. I also agree, I'm not to keen on starting alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiking for vets View Post
    I am also planning a mid March northbound hike. I am hiking for charity-"hiking for vets" which will be my trail name. However I am 63 years old and you might see that as a problem; however I am in great shape and plan on finishing in 6 months or less.
    That is absolutely not a problem, just not particularly what I had in mind. It's people like you that I hope to run into along the way.

++ New Posts ++