WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2.17% and counting
    Images

Unhappy TNF jackets make you a target in DC

I just saw an item on the evening news about how people are being robbed of their north face jackets in the Washington DC area. The Washington Post ran an article here about it last month. How sad is this....

Images

Haha, this is old news. Kids have been getting robbed for North Face for years. My friend and I got jumped on my street corner 6 years ago. Him for his NF Nuptse down jacket and me for my NF backpack. It's no longer an outdoor company, its an urban style clothing line. The quality has gone way down.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

That's why I only wear CAMPMOR s**t.

Images

Haha your 100% correct on that Wolf. All the major brands have gone down in quality. It's not about performance but looking cool. If its not thug kids wearing North Face and Timberland its rich yuppy kids at my school wearing Patagonia and Marmot to frat parties.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

I had a problem a few years back with mofos on the trail trying to jack me up for my HOBO CENTRAL BLUE-BLAZE wear. I busted caps in they ass fo shizzle yo!

http://www.myspace.com/officialbillville Mountain Dew's Avatar

***.... LW actually got the terminology correct. The whole nine yards ! Amazing. Wolf, have you been watching mtv or what ?

A-train.... I actually think Mountain Hardwear is still a top quality company. Several others come to mind as well that have actually raised the bar in outdoor clothing performance. i.e. Patagonia. While getting jacked for my North Face or any other clothing item would suck, trying to explain to the company that I deserve a new piece of clothing after I put a bullet hole in the perfectly good one after some punk tried to rob me wouldn't be easy.
    THE Mairnttt...Boys of Dryland '03 (an unplanned Billville suburb)
    http://www.AT2003.com
    [email protected]
    http://www.myspace.com/hudson_hartson

Adventure Trekker/Science Geek
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew
    LW actually got the terminology correct. The whole nine yards ! Amazing. Wolf, have you been watching mtv or what ?
    Yo Dew, Wolf's down.

-North Face is Yuppie-Wear in these parts!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible." -Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by hiker5
    I just saw an item on the evening news about how people are being robbed of their north face jackets in the Washington DC area. The Washington Post ran an article here about it last month. How sad is this....
    Hopefully the inability to pronounce Arc'teryx and Patagonia will keep the brands off the target list.

These gangsta punks need to go spend some time in the woods. Drop em off on in the wilderness and they wouldn't be so tuff. Those 10x too big pants look idiotic. I used to work with some guys that wore those kinda pants. I used to tease them about spending so much$ on designer threads that they couldn't afford a belt. It makes me laugh to see these idiots wearing down TNF jackets when is 60 degrees outside.

I've got a Mtn Hardwear rain jacket but I got it on sale....Same for my Columbia winter boots.

The next fad we will see is people walking the streets with Low Gaiters. I have already started to see the Crocs make a big statement around the Knoxville area.
    "After you have exhausted what there is in business, politics, conviviality, and so on—have found that none of these finally satisfy, or permanently wear—what remains? Nature remains." -Walt Whitman

Captain Chaos
    http://www.trailjournals.com/captainchaos/

++ New Posts ++