WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    2.17% and counting
    Images

Unhappy TNF jackets make you a target in DC

I just saw an item on the evening news about how people are being robbed of their north face jackets in the Washington DC area. The Washington Post ran an article here about it last month. How sad is this....

Images

Haha, this is old news. Kids have been getting robbed for North Face for years. My friend and I got jumped on my street corner 6 years ago. Him for his NF Nuptse down jacket and me for my NF backpack. It's no longer an outdoor company, its an urban style clothing line. The quality has gone way down.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

That's why I only wear CAMPMOR s**t.

Images

Haha your 100% correct on that Wolf. All the major brands have gone down in quality. It's not about performance but looking cool. If its not thug kids wearing North Face and Timberland its rich yuppy kids at my school wearing Patagonia and Marmot to frat parties.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

I had a problem a few years back with mofos on the trail trying to jack me up for my HOBO CENTRAL BLUE-BLAZE wear. I busted caps in they ass fo shizzle yo!

http://www.myspace.com/officialbillville Mountain Dew's Avatar

***.... LW actually got the terminology correct. The whole nine yards ! Amazing. Wolf, have you been watching mtv or what ?

A-train.... I actually think Mountain Hardwear is still a top quality company. Several others come to mind as well that have actually raised the bar in outdoor clothing performance. i.e. Patagonia. While getting jacked for my North Face or any other clothing item would suck, trying to explain to the company that I deserve a new piece of clothing after I put a bullet hole in the perfectly good one after some punk tried to rob me wouldn't be easy.
    THE Mairnttt...Boys of Dryland '03 (an unplanned Billville suburb)
    http://www.AT2003.com
    [email protected]
    http://www.myspace.com/hudson_hartson

Adventure Trekker/Science Geek
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew
    LW actually got the terminology correct. The whole nine yards ! Amazing. Wolf, have you been watching mtv or what ?
    Yo Dew, Wolf's down.

-North Face is Yuppie-Wear in these parts!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible." -Feynman

2.17% and counting
    Images

I've know North Face was yuppie-wear. This was just he first time I that heard that it was thug-life-wear as well.

The only TNF I own is a pair of windpants I got from sierra trading post for $10 or $12.

Default TNF what a stupid fad

I work at an outdoor shop in south carolina. The people that come to buy North Face look as though they have never stepped foot on a trail or any other outdoor activity for that matter. Plus, people who buy them are always calling about warranty information because the product failed. The company has brought a bad name to the people who actually buy jackets because they keep you warm. You know a company has sold out when it starts making pink jackets as a fad. Mountain hardwear though expensive still is a quality product. I have never had anything of there fail or not keep me warm some of it too warm. I hope that they can keep from selling out because they are a great company.

Images

Default Wanna talk quality?

Yo Dew,

You are absolutely right about Mountain Hardwear. Premier Gear! Also in the premier ranks are Arc'Teryx and OR (Ooutdoor Research). Not cheap! But, no more expensive than the Vanity Fair brand... ( You know that The North Face is owned and directed by Vanity Fair right? Yep.)
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible." -Feynman

Journal Entries
    Images

Yo Man!.....

.........................................Pimp my Jacket!"
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

tideblazer
    Images

Default Targets

They make you a target on the trail also -for jokes
    www.ridge2reef.org -Organic Tropical Farm, Farm Stays, Group Retreats.... Trail life in the Caribbean

Default sellout

Quote Originally Posted by the wonderer
    .... Mountain hardwear though expensive still is a quality product. I have never had anything of there fail or not keep me warm some of it too warm. I hope that they can keep from selling out because they are a great company.
    They already have, in 2003 to Columbia Sportswear.
    But maybe it's not all that bad, see article below:

http://www.forbes.com/2003/04/16/cz_...6columbia.html

Images

Unhappy That is way sad.

Have you ever taken a good look at the Comubia Emblem? It looks a whole lot like a swastika. Rumors in the industry have Columbia as Nazi-Wear. Now I don't know nothing from nothing but it seems to me like Columbia is well aware of some of these comments. If they wasn't Nazi wear wouldn't they be embarassed over such things and invest in a new emblem? Just a question! I mean if Colombia has no problem being Nazi Wear then I have no problems with them being nazi wear.

I do have problems with MH being nazi wear. That just blows.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTrail
    They already have, in 2003 to Columbia Sportswear.
    But maybe it's not all that bad, see article below:

http://www.forbes.com/2003/04/16/cz_...6columbia.html

Default not the manufacturer

I don't think it's TNF's fault. I think it's pop culture that dictates what's hot. Look at the new Pepsi commercial with Pdiddy. Case in point. Pink Denali fleeces beget Purple Denali fleeces only because people bought black ones and white ones. Getting to know and learn about what they do and why they do it you'll find that they're not Nazi impounding business people, simply folks who know a good thing when they see it.

I love my Mountain Hardwear gear and will not stop using it b/c Ma Boyle owns the rights to it. Mountain Hardwear is still Mountain Hardwear in my opinion. Besides, Columbia makes some high end gear that's good stuff.

PS - there was a kid decked out in a full XCR ski suit spotted inside a mall recently. Now THAT is ridiculous.

But the point is, business is business, and we'll inevitably buy more gear at one point or another, right? Commerce is wonder!

Quote Originally Posted by hiker5
    I just saw an item on the evening news about how people are being robbed of their north face jackets in the Washington DC area. The Washington Post ran an article here about it last month. How sad is this....
    Hopefully the inability to pronounce Arc'teryx and Patagonia will keep the brands off the target list.

These gangsta punks need to go spend some time in the woods. Drop em off on in the wilderness and they wouldn't be so tuff. Those 10x too big pants look idiotic. I used to work with some guys that wore those kinda pants. I used to tease them about spending so much$ on designer threads that they couldn't afford a belt. It makes me laugh to see these idiots wearing down TNF jackets when is 60 degrees outside.

I've got a Mtn Hardwear rain jacket but I got it on sale....Same for my Columbia winter boots.

Images

Default The MIGHTY Dollar

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs
    I love my Mountain Hardwear gear and will not stop using it b/c Ma Boyle owns the rights to it. Mountain Hardwear is still Mountain Hardwear in my opinion.
    Yea, I feel the same. I'm not going to change the use habits of my existing gear.... but I have to admit, that knowldge will be a factor if I need to make another purchase.

I bought a North Face fleece hat (light lime green) through Campmor for $12. I'll be gang bangin and flasin signs when I hit Springer.

I bought, wear, and love a lightweight NF raincoat w/ a hood. I like it because the hood has a small brim on it, and there is a flap near the neck that helps me to stay warm and dry.

It's also machine washable which helps when I get blood on it after a drive by shooting or a mugging in the park.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++