WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

RIP Scott A.

I had really hoped the new release would bring closure to your death...

CF97 > Everything Else.

RIP Stonewall.

I hope the FBI is able to bring the criminal(s) to justice, but even that can't bring back a son/family member/friend.
    "... I know it is wrong, but I am for the spirit that makes young men do the things they do. I am for the glory that they know." --Sigurd Olson, Singing Wilderness.

AT '12, LT '13, CT '14, PCT '15

CF97 > Everything Else.

RIP Stonewall.

I hope the FBI is able to bring the criminal(s) to justice, but even that can't bring back a son/family member/friend.
    "... I know it is wrong, but I am for the spirit that makes young men do the things they do. I am for the glory that they know." --Sigurd Olson, Singing Wilderness.

AT '12, LT '13, CT '14, PCT '15

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsWings View Post
    Hope to hear something soon..I havent had any luck locatin the story on newsadvance.com
    I was really hoping there would be closure for this family and friends of Stonewall sooner than 6mths

Journal Entries
    Images

I want to extend my thanks to Chris Dumond of The News and Advance for his reporting.

Its been almost exactly six months since Scott Lilly's body was found on the AT, and I can't help but wonder were it not for Mr. Dumond's article if the ME's report would have gone wholly unnoticed.

The FBI's reticence may be normal, but still strikes me as odd.

I hope Chris Dumond will continue his follow up on this story.
    Last edited by rickb; 02-12-2012 at 17:30.

RickB..I totally agree after reading all of Chris's reports and updates on WB it has been obvious that he has put alot of time and effort in keeping the hiking community as informed as possible. Thx Chris!

RIP Stonewall

Recovering meniscectomy patient

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    I want to extend my thanks to Chris Dumond of The News and Advance for his reporting.

Its been almost exactly six months since Scott Lilly's body was found on the AT, and I can't help but wonder were it not for Mr. Dumond's article if the ME's report would have gone wholly unnoticed.

The FBI's reticence may be normal, but still strikes me as odd.

I hope Chris Dumond will continue his follow up on this story.
    The trail and the land here is a huge part of my spiritual identity. Having this squarely in the middle of our stomping grounds is something I reflect on constantly. I appreciate the compliments, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't stay on top of this. As usual, we appreciate all the feedback we can get. My email address is [email protected].

Thank you for reading.

I don't think it's closure in any way, shape, or form. It adds more anxiety to a solo SOBO'r who already has a lot to worry about. I appreciate your article Chris. I'm sure we would have totally missed that information otherwise. Don't let this stop you from getting out there and living life. If it's not a bad fall, it's a bear, or a rattler, or some crazy. All we can do is heighten our awareness and trust our guts. It's just sad (or reality really) that outside things like this can totally change the mindset of a culture that has always been peaceful, relaxed, and prone to want the company of other hikers (who are often times total strangers). Just be careful out there. Double that if you're going solo. Best wishes to all.
    Live your life and I'll live mine, perhaps one day they will intertwine. SEMPER FI! 2013 SOBO

Recovering meniscectomy patient

The FBI released a lot of new information in a press conference this morning. This is our quick update for this morning. I found the information about his missing gear, and particularly his shoes, drawing me to some conclusions the investigators wouldn't confirm.

http://www2.newsadvance.com/news/201...-c-ar-1862388/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++