WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Clearly, it's a juvenile liger. Can't see enough of the ears and tail detail. Either way, nice that you were able to see it and get some pics.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

I was lucky enough to watch a bobcat hunting yesterday morning. Sorry that the video quality/zoom isn't better, I was about 50 yards away filming with my phone.

https://youtu.be/Mj8YCdhyTkM
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

awesome! .

The local bobcats are so used to people they don't even run away, just casually cross the road after looking both ways for cars. Had one saunter in and take a chicken one morning, when I was less than 50 yards away (free range chickens). Had to chase after it, touched off a few rounds - chicken was dropped and came squawking back home. (young bobcats have trouble carrying a full grown laying hen).

Love the wild cats, but appreciate them more when they aren't trying to steal my poultry.

Definitely a Bobcat. The height of his shoulders, his/her stance, the tail is a huge giveaway.. Bobcats have nubby tails and a different coat pattern, Mountain Lions tails are very apparent because unlike dogs they dont tuck their tails between their legs naturally. Mountain Lions use their tail for balance for both walking and climbing terrain, not to say Bobcats dont have balance. Mountain Lions get large and are more vocal than a Bobcat, Im no expert but i do study all different types of animals. I live in Florida and i spend allot of time in the woods, Never seen a Florida Panther in the wild but ive definitely been through both their territories. I digress, Google body size of the Bobcat and The Eastern Mountain Lion. Size of the Adults helps distinguish the two.

crazy it was just strolling through

My neighbor put motion-activated cameras on his property for scoping out the bucks in the deer herd this year. He was pretty shocked to get some shots of a bobcat passing thru.

I've seen Mt Lions in Ariz and that definitely looks like a bobcat. I can see how people would think it might be a lion b/c it looks large for a bobcat and the gait looks more slinky like a lion (could just be the camera angle).

Anyway, very cool.

One thing I notice is that this particular cat looks "bulked up" compared to the pics of your run of the mill bob cats so it makes me wonder if it could be mixed with something else.Or it could be that it has just been eating well and might have a gymn membership.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    One thing I notice is that this particular cat looks "bulked up" compared to the pics of your run of the mill bob cats so it makes me wonder if it could be mixed with something else.Or it could be that it has just been eating well and might have a gymn membership.
    Most of the bobcats we have here in CT are yuppies and are into crossfit.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Did you catch this bobcat story, also from Connecticut?
    https://www.providencejournal.com/ne...e-in-one-piece

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
++ New Posts ++