WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Music on the AT

Default Music on the AT

Hey,

Hiking musicans how about sharing some of your AT musical happenings. In my ten years of section hiking I've seen a variety of instruments on the trail and have been treated to some great trail performances with ukes, flutes, guitars, and even mandolins.

I carried a Washburn Rover (small guitar, weighs a little more than 3 lbs) with me for the last three years of backpacking, including a trip through the Smokies, the 100 mile wilderness, and up to Katahdin. I finally finished my section hiking conquest of the AT last month, ending on Katahdin, Aug 15. While on the peak I recorded a song I wrote (I wrote the lyrics only - it's to the tune 'Wagon Wheel'). I've posted the video on YouTube for anyone interested. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIr0nWitHqw

If the link doesn't work a search for Katahdin Song on YouTube should bring it up.
    My YouTube channel ID is wbmcp.

Cheers,

Nimble

I am not a musician but appreciate good music. On a section hike in the SNP in 2005, first night out, I fell asleep to the guitar strains of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" being played by a hiker named Moon Dog, who was hiking with Captain Nemo. Very soothing.

Not committing until I graduate! Sassafras Lass's Avatar
    Images

The Barefoot Sisters reference a gentleman who carried a tuba on his thru . . . . crazy!

Not on the AT, but I passed a woman carrying a cello up Mt. LeConte in the Smokies . . . if I could think of anywhere that I'd like to sit and play music the most, it would be Myrtle Point or Cliff Tops on LeConte, hands down.
    Formerly 'F-Stop'

If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.

~ Dolly Parton

++ New Posts ++