WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Jack's River Trail, North Georgia

Has anybody done the Jack's River Trail in North Georgia? It was a lot of fun. There were 21 river crossings in the 17- 18 miles of trail.

Images

I know it is on a different forum, but here is a great trip report of the Jacks River Trail, including pics. Hope that helps.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=22540

FWIW, I have not done this trail, but would love to if I ever made it up there. For me this is a whole day drive one way, a little far for a weekend stroll, but it looks like a great trail.
    Last edited by Buffalo Skipper; 09-12-2011 at 10:08.
    The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..." Isaac Asimov

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Thanks, Buffalo Skipper. I was wrong about the number of river crossings. We did the trail in both directions, so I was thinking the 42 crossings must have been total. I guess we did 84 river crossings in total.

Images

That was my first ever hike and camp n the Mountains of North Georgia, took my son, we had a blast!

Cahutta/Big Frog holds some of my favorite hiking/camping spots. You can really get away from the crowd if you take some side trails.

My wife, 6 yr old son and I are going to do the Beeche Bottom to the first river crossing this weekend. My wife's first taste for overnight backpacking and my son's second. My question is, I just got a new GoLite RS-1 summer 40deg quilt. It's so new, I haven't tried it out yet. The weather forecast for Chatsworth is Low Sat Night at 46. I was wondering if the temp on the trail at the river will be close enough to that, or should I go with my tried & true TNF Blue Kazoo Down bag?

That was my very first hike i did it with my dad it's lots of fun make sure to jump off the cliff between the two falls!!

++ New Posts ++