WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Powdered Peanut Butter?

Has anyone used it? I was looking at stuff at Amazon and saw it. I imagine it would be good for Thai inspired dishes. But I wonder how well it works, and it's not like you can't just buy pb.

Here's the link if you want to check it out. http://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-P...6354451&sr=8-5

They also have a pb and chocolate flavour. That might be good on oatmeal.

If you will notice they knock out most of the fat and calories when they remove the oil. Kinda what made me decide it wasn't for me for backacking.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

I saw that. I was thinking that if it was used for backpacking, it would be for flavouring. Not to mention the price.

Yeah, it's just for flavor, I'm sure. If you really want peanut butter, it's so much better for the hiker's active body to just eat real peanut butter.

the real stuff is worth the weight with all the extra calories youll get out of it.

My wife bought some powdered chocolate-peanut-butter spread. It's not too bad but you mix about two tablespoons of the powder with just a few drops of water to make the spread. So, what's your weight savings? 2 grams, maybe? Also, as others have mentioned, it's pretty much denuded of the peanut oils, which is about 80% of the calories in peanut butter. You essentially have three sources of calories: fats, carbos & sugars. Fats are the most dense but need carbos to be digested.

I prefer the Jiff to go packs, they are small and alot less bulky than a plastic jar of peanut butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatter98 View Post
    I prefer the Jiff to go packs, they are small and alot less bulky than a plastic jar of peanut butter.
    on a side note if you go to a gordon food service (GFS) you can get 200 single serving PB tubs for about 30 bucks. they make for a great on the go snack. although the amount of trash you pack out is increased.

I have that powdered peanut butter, and it's good stuff.... I found it useful for adding flavor to protein powder shakes and peanut sauce satay & pad thai seasoning.

Images

Some nice, organic crunchy peanut butter on crackers or bread is snack perfection.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."

-Bob Dylan

++ New Posts ++