WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: cost/patners

Post cost/patners

I am planning on leaving for my first thru hike at the end of march or begining of april.... im going NOBO and would love to meet up with some people. Also how much should i plan on spending on the trail, after gear?

Images

Meeting fellow hikers will be no problem. Cost depends on your need and hiking style. Depends on how you are buying food. Depends on how often you plan on making a visit to town. Depends of the weather conditions - if it is raining or snowing and you have to hold up in town at a hotel it adds up. Plenty of thru hikes on the cheap and plenty who spend $5,000.00 or more.
    Have fun. Safe guard your finances and play your financial cards close to your vest.
    Discover Kentucky's Long Tail. Join The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain, grow and preserve this national resource.

Images

+1. Plenty of hikers on the trail in March and April -- you'll meet compatible people pretty quickly.

If you have $5000 set aside, you probably won't run out of money. And if you have some left over, that'll be good for making the transition back to the world.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

++ New Posts ++