WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is it a comedy?You can watch this stuff all day long on TV(Reality TV blows)

University of Illinois Screening - Thurs, April 12th, Noon - RSVP here: http://www.facebook.com/events/324859134240326/

Trail Days Screening - Fri, May 18th & Sat, May 19th - RSVP here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/214809835280695/

Trailer & Bonus videos here: http://www.youtube.com/athike2010

If you'd like to book a screening, please contact us: http://www.beautybeneaththedirt.com/contact/

New Blog Entry re 2012 Marketing Plan- http://www.beautybeneaththedirt.com/...-see-the-film/

Hey all! I screened the film in San Francisco last week and wrote a blog entry a few days later. Check it out, leave me some comments! http://www.beautybeneaththedirt.com/...eavingstaying/

More to come this summer on the G2M Tour - taking the film to the AT communities from Georgia to Maine. If you want to see it, shoot me a message and I'll do my best to come to your town!

-Monkey

Images

I'll probably take the time to check it out at TD. I for one think it's looks to be an interesting examination of interpersonal relationships and the trail's effect on them. Just have to look past the tears.

Hello Everyone!

Plans for the G2M tour (#G2MTour) are well under way. Trail Days is next week. Screening at the Portage Theatre in Chicago is June 5th. Our sponsors, including Cache Lake, Superfeet, Justin's Nut Butter, Backpacker's Pantry, Minute Rice, and Success Rice have graciously donated their amazing products for screening-day raffles. Check out the list below, and if there's a screening within an hour of where you live, join us! If not ... stay tuned. We're still booking venues for the G2M tour, and the University Tour is only a few months away...

Upcoming Screenings (check out http://beautybeneaththedirt.com for screening-specific details)

* Members of the Cast & Crew present for discussion.

CHICAGO SCREENING ON JUNE 5 *
    Where: Portage Theatre
    When: Tuesday, June 5, 7:30pm

6:30-7:30: Arrive, Drink, & Mingle (booze available for purchase!)
    7:30-7:35: The Commute, directed & produced by Action Couch Films
    7:35-7:45: Not Alone, directed & produced by Matty Krylowicz
    7:45-7:50: How Not to Hit On a Ukranian Acrobat, directed & produced by Action Couch Films
    7:50-8:00: Off Into Space, directed by Anna Jung; produced by Chris DeWinter
    8:00-9:15: Beauty Beneath the Dirt
    9:15-9:45: Q&A with Director & Executive Producer Katherine Imp

—— Georgia to Maine (G2M) Tour ——

Trail Days 2012 *
    Damascus, VA
    Friday, May 18, 6pm
    Saturday, May 19, 5pm

Hiawassee, GA*
    Senior Center
    Thurs, May 31, 7pm

Franklin, NC*
    Community Services Building
    Sat, June 2, 7pm

Aquone, NC*
    Aquone Hostel
    Tues, June 5, 7pm

Asheville, NC*
    REI Asheville
    Wed, June 6, 7pm

Trail Dames Summit 2012
    Durango, CO
    June 8-10, TBD

Blacksburg, VA*
    The Lyric Theatre
    Thurs, June 14, 7pm

Bluemont, VA*
    Bears Den Trail Center
    Fri, June 22, 7pm

Chambersburg, PA*
    The Capitol Theatre
    Tues, June 26, 7pm

Harrisonburg, VA*
    Court Square Theater
    Fri, June 29, 7pm

Medford, NJ*
    Lenape High School
    Sat, June 30, 7pm

Pine Grove, PA*
    Pine Grove Theatre
    Sun, July 1, 4pm

Bethlehem, PA*
    Private Home
    Mon, July 2, 7pm

Unionville, NY*
    Community Center
    Tues, July 3, 7pm

Vernon, NJ*
    Walker Vernon Family Farm
    Thurs, July 5, 7pm

Williamstown, MA*
    Images Cinema
    Sat, July 14, 2pm

Dalton, MA*
    American Legion Hall
    Mon, July 16, 7pm

Gorham, NH*
    Hikers Paradise
    Mon, July 23, 7pm

East Andover, ME*
    The Cabin in Maine
    Tues, July 24, 7pm

Monson, Maine *
    Community Center
    Fri, July 27, 7pm
    Sat, July 28, 7pm

—— University & College Tour ——

Stay Tuned!

Check out a review of Beauty Beneath the Dirt: http://www.dustyonmovies.com/2012/06...11-review.html

Ladies and Gents, hikers and campers, Beauty Beneath the Dirt is finally ready for viewing. This project has taken 5 years to complete, and as you'll see from the film and special features, it "was the best of times, it was the worst of times." But one things for sure ... I don't regret it for a second.

In 2009, I had the idea to make a film while hiking the AT with my brother and best friend. But I was in law school... and didn't know **** about filmmaking. So in between analyzing case law, I started meeting with film professors and reading articles and books. By the end of the year, I had a co-producer, 15 sponsors, a blog, and a really expensive camera. In 2010, we set foot on the trail and did what very few people have tried-- made a documentary... while thru-hiking... in a group of three... without a cameraman. The film follows the ups and downs of that journey.

We then took a break, and got back to our normal lives, but in the second half of 2011, I knew it was time to re-open wounds and happy memories to tell our story. So we cut the film. In 2012 we chose to launch 2 film tours: the G2M Tour and a University Tour. And that's when I knew ... everything we went through was worth it. Connecting with hundreds of people across the country-- about outdoor adventure and relationships and life and dreams-- is more rewarding than words can say.

And now comes the final leg of this journey. DVD and Digital Distribution. And it's here. Criticize it or love it. Feel inspired or feel disgusted. Love me or destroy me. The choice is yours.

DVD: http://www.beautybeneaththedirt.com/dvd/

The DVD includes 3 hours of extra footage: thru-hiking 101, trail town adventures, thru-hiker interviews, etc.

Or you can just rent the film on YouTube or Google Play.

As the year continues, the film will be available on a number of other outlets. All the details can be found on our Website and Facebook Page.

~ Ringleader Kate

"There is more to us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less." ~Kurt Hahn

Kate,

I also find it available from Amazon (the link on the website goes to "createspace" and amazon company). The price is the same on Amazon, but Prime members can get free shipping. Is there any reason to purchase from createspace rather than Amazon? By the way, the Amazon page has no picture, so you may want to upload the DVD cover image file. Thanks!

Images

I haven't seen the movie, and maybe I am not your target demographic, but to me your marketing comes off as quite arrogant and self centered.

I do wish you the best and hope your movie will be a great success.

Quote Originally Posted by bfayer View Post
    I haven't seen the movie, and maybe I am not your target demographic, but to me your marketing comes off as quite arrogant and self centered.

I do wish you the best and hope your movie will be a great success.
    ...............I'm kinda interested. Interesting to get your "take" on it.

I saw the movie this past summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend it. It is very well done and quite entertaining. I just ordered a copy. I used the link above but it wouldn't let me use my Amazon Prime membership, if I'd known I would have gone straight to amazon for free shipping. Oh well, it was only a couple $.
    Last edited by Train Wreck; 02-12-2013 at 15:01.

Quote Originally Posted by trippclark View Post
    Kate,

I also find it available from Amazon (the link on the website goes to "createspace" and amazon company). The price is the same on Amazon, but Prime members can get free shipping. Is there any reason to purchase from createspace rather than Amazon? By the way, the Amazon page has no picture, so you may want to upload the DVD cover image file. Thanks!
    Hmm .. thank you! Ha. I didn't realize it was up and running on Amazon yet. I will update that profile ASAP. Basically Amazon takes most of the money if you order through Amazon. If you order through our CreateSpace store, we get a higher percentage. We are obviously going to promote our store for the first few months but I understand if Prime members before the other route.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    "Apparently 'macaroni and cheese' is a vegetable in THE SOUTH?" (at The Homeplace) What is 'macaroni and cheese' in "the North" or "the West" or "the Southwest" or the "Midwest" or "The Northeast" or the "Mid Atlantic?"

Sorry, Mac n cheese is definitely NOT a vegetable on the west coast. I am a waitress and I get a lot of travelers coming in for dinner. I can verify that southerners do NOT eat vegetables like we do here on the west coast! So there

Cary

I saw it at Trail Days this past year. I thought it was funny at times, presented a different twist on the AT experience but a bit too melodramatic for my tastes. It's definitely worth seeing witha very unusual ending.

Cat in the Hat

Seems worth checking out! And it will definitely reassure women are super emotional..better watch this one with the girlfriend

Default Beauty Beneath the Dirt - a new kind of Appalachian Trail film

There is no crying in baseball or thru-hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary75 View Post
    Sorry, Mac n cheese is definitely NOT a vegetable on the west coast. I am a waitress and I get a lot of travelers coming in for dinner. I can verify that southerners do NOT eat vegetables like we do here on the west coast! So there

Cary
    I take exception to that, my mom had multiple vegetables on the table every meal growing up. Green beans, corn, collard greens, black eyed peas, purple hulls, shuckey beans, squash, cucumbers, turnips, brocoli, swamp cabbage, onions, pole beans, hominy, mixed pickles, lettuce, potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes (call it a fruit if you like, just don't put it in a fruit salad). And that is just the ones off the top of my head. And she grew these in her garden. So don't try to tell me southerner's don't eat vegetables, we just enjoy a huge portion of meat and cornbread with them.

As for Mac-n-Cheese, no way is that considered a vegetable. It is just a side, and a highly processed one at that.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    I take exception to that, my mom had multiple vegetables on the table every meal growing up. Green beans, corn, collard greens, black eyed peas, purple hulls, shuckey beans, squash, cucumbers, turnips, brocoli, swamp cabbage, onions, pole beans, hominy, mixed pickles, lettuce, potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes (call it a fruit if you like, just don't put it in a fruit salad). And that is just the ones off the top of my head. And she grew these in her garden. So don't try to tell me southerner's don't eat vegetables, we just enjoy a huge portion of meat and cornbread with them.

As for Mac-n-Cheese, no way is that considered a vegetable. It is just a side, and a highly processed one at that.
    I have learned in life that when it comes to food there are 4 entities that should not be messed with because they all know mare about food than I ever will: My mother, my wife, the French, and southerners. If you ever travel there, go there hungry. They will be heartbroken if you don't stuff your face at every stop and it is food worth stuffing your face with.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

I like to come across two hot chicks like them on the AT i would have the time of my life that's for sure.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++