WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I love the small Nalgene bottles. Bombproof. But I must admit those Spice Straws are amazing.

I bet Hooch has won bar bets with that trick!

Images

I found an empty kids bubble fluid thingy today. Cut protruding top thingy off and also inside blow through thingy. Container is leak proof.

https://www.dollartree.com/Halloween...9298/index.pro

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hall...-JqIDg#imgrc=_
    Last edited by zelph; 09-28-2017 at 22:06.

I wonder if this is significantly lighter than a simple short threaded PVC pipe nipple and a couple of caps

Quote Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
    I wonder if this is significantly lighter than a simple short threaded PVC pipe nipple and a couple of caps
    the pop bottle caps glued together I mean..... lost the quote somehow....

The common answer to this used to be 35 mm film canisters. You could even buy shaker top lids.Coghlans-Film-Can-Shaker-Lid-2-Pack-PK-Make-A-Salt-Pepper-Shaker-Snap-On-Lid-130994546597726004.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickjd9 View Post
    The common answer to this used to be 35 mm film canisters. You could even buy shaker top lids.Coghlans-Film-Can-Shaker-Lid-2-Pack-PK-Make-A-Salt-Pepper-Shaker-Snap-On-Lid-130994546597726004.jpg
    I could rent you my pair.
    I carried them on my last two trips. Alas, they went unused. I doubt that they will come with me next time. I just don't add salt or pepper to my food anymore.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    I could rent you my pair.
    I carried them on my last two trips. Alas, they went unused. I doubt that they will come with me next time. I just don't add salt or pepper to my food anymore.
    I add salt and pepper to home-cooked food sometimes, but find most prepared foods quite salty enough.

I read or heard somewhere that tic-tac containers are small, light, and good for spices.

Though, I'm not sure how air/water tight they are, so store them in a ziploc when not using them.

Stackable pill containers; cheap and at most drug stores. cfd1284054072e8671adb1067bd75668--pill-organizer-storage-organizers.jpg

I use tiny zip lock bag from Walgreens, they are for daily dose pack of medicine. Put salt in one, chili powder or lemon pepper in another. I like the straw idea, might try that for next time .

I rarely salt my food, but there are certain things I always salt. I'll use pepper more often than salt.

That said, I occasionally need to salt and pepper some lunch thing at work. I mixed up a tiny zip lock of salt and pepper together and keep that at my desk. Im not too concerned about the mixture ratio, I Just want some kind of seasoning.

You'll use much less salt if ya just put a few grains on your tongue before your meal...maybe again halfway thru.

Journal Entries

novel idea
    add spices to your food before you pack it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie Swift View Post
    I've made something similar using gatoraid bottles - slightly bigger containers than the bottles mentioned in the link. I found that shoe goo makes a very forgiving adhesive which seems to work as well as superglue. Just slather on the goo, push the pieces together and let the adhesive ooze out. Set it aside to cure overnight. Then trim off the excess adhesive with an X-acto knife. I've done it with shoe goo and with superglue and in my opinion the shoe goo is less likely to break although it doesn't give the same sturdy feeling result.

I've never tried it but I think you could incorporate a plastic divider disk between the two parts to end up with a two compartment spice holder.

I also use the straws. I heat seal one end, the bend the other over and cap with a small chunk of the rubber smoothie straws we get from a local coffee shop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++