Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heeey! Looks like there's several ladies looking to star around midish April. I'm turning 30 this year and looking to rock out the AT. I have good backpacking experience, but none of it on the east coast. I totally planned on doing this solo b/c strangely enough none of my friends want to quit their job in the middle of a recession and go hiking for 5 months! It would be amazing to at least start with some folks until we develop a pace or other hiking group. Anyone want to start on Earth Day?

Default Many Moons:

I have section hiked the last few years - but can only go 1 week at a time until I retire in two years - pushing past middle 60's. I have completed Georgia, Vermont, Connecticut and will complete Massachusettes in May. Keep putting one foot in front of the other - maybe we will meet someday on the trail!

I am starting NOBO at Unicoi Gap in Ga on the 1st of April with my husband , I will flip to Maine so I can finish my hike in Southern New England where I plan on visiting relatives for a few wks before returning home to Ga My grand finish is just doing all the mileage I already did the first 50 of GA

Images

To Barking Spider as well as all who read this.I am planning to hike the AT starting the 1st of May.Would love to say Im doing a thru hike,but will say Ive got all the time I need to do it and will go as far as my body and determination will let me,if that be Maine then thank the trail gods.At that point I will say it.Im 46,was a Recon scout in the army back in the mid and late 80s.Spend a good deal of my summer time hiking the Linvill Gorge here in NC(great experience for anyone wanting to try)as well as the trails that run the Blue Ridge,also a few others here and there.Have solo hike upto 4 wks,but would still consider myself a noob for a hike of this magnatude.I will be leaving from wilminton,NC and would find the trip to Ga alot nicer if there was company ,not to mention a familar face on the trail to help lighten things up some.My start date is flexible but would perferr to start no earlier than the 12 0r 15 0f April.Good luck to everyone from me ,Xcess or simply X

Hey!

I am a 25 y/o female and will be starting my thru in mid/late March as well. I am determined to combine forces with at least a couple females along the way, so I would love to chat and maybe meet up from time to time along the way Shoot me a message!

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey Spools! Why do you choose Waynesboro??? Thats my home town! If it's yours then I might know ya!

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey Spools! Why do you choose Waynesboro??? Thats my home town! If it's yours then I might know ya!

Journal Entries
    Images

Journal Entries

barking spider has bailed out..... quess to many helping replies!
    eveready

Journal Entries

Have fun in May. Will see you on the trail someday!

I'm currently planning a thru-hike starting in mid/early march... I'm definitely looking for people to hike with for at the first few weeks in March until I figure out my pace and if i can handle solo.

Hi All...30 yo F planning to start my thru from Springer Mar 17 or 18. Was planning to hike with my dad, but he ended up with ankle probs this year & cant go, so now it's me going solo with my 4 yo german short-haired pointer mix. Planning to meet my dad at Franklin, NC by Mar 30 for April Fool's Trail Days. Have been hiking for years, but definately want to start out slow to get my trail legs. Lookin forward to meeting yall on the trail!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++