WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Meltzer View Post
    Well.....the guy is gonna need a trail name! Any ideas? How about TNG? (tough navy guy) :-) I think it's a hoax. Noone can be that silly and think with 32 pounds on his back and limited calories he'll even come close. We all know it won't work. He's obviously mad at something. Into the Wild, that guy just wanted to be out there, this guy just wants to die out there. Wierd, but I say we all follow and enjoy the chuckle in a few weeks. And lets hope noone has to rescue or recover his body. Good stuff!
    He's done. Nothing to follow.

The kind of interesting thing is that all these guys leave their websites up and running even after they quit. You would think they'd take the websites down, although that would require some humility I guess . . .

Matthew Huffman http://atrecordattempt.webs.com/

Samuel Gardner (link to his website's journal page that says he's going again this New Years Day - but he's never updated anything since July or so, doesn't answer emails, etc..) The website is otherwise exactly as it stood a year ago. http://www.theinitiativesite.com/new-plan/
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Meltzer View Post
    Well.....the guy is gonna need a trail name! Any ideas? How about TNG? (tough navy guy) :-) I think it's a hoax. Noone can be that silly and think with 32 pounds on his back and limited calories he'll even come close. We all know it won't work. He's obviously mad at something. Into the Wild, that guy just wanted to be out there, this guy just wants to die out there. Wierd, but I say we all follow and enjoy the chuckle in a few weeks. And lets hope noone has to rescue or recover his body. Good stuff!
    Iv'e heard of "Hate Drink'in" but not .............."Hate Hiking"?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
++ New Posts ++