WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by takethisbread View Post
    Jester is just joking. he is reportedly banned from this forum for his humorous commentary that some people find not so funny.
    Self imposed exile.

One of his posts got deleted so he took his ball and went home.

I don't see an obituary for him yet so at least that is good.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    Given the timing, I think dude is directly making fun of dorkminster from Pennsylvania, who is vying for the Order of Darwin Hall of Foolery.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Images

Quote Originally Posted by silverscuba22 View Post
    i guess his "boatload of survival skills" was a very tiny boat, a boat that never got rained on or had to start a fire lol.... or find water...... when its raining lol
    This is what I love about these make-fun-of-deluded-dreamer threads. LW dredges the net for these clowns, then a bunch of old buzzards who like seeing their name on the computer screenpile on the sarcasm.

Then, there is you. You started 2 threads: 1 about how fat you are, and 1 looking for reasons why people hike, from which I conclude you are fat and don't hike. In one dog forum post you call Slo-go-en a "dickhead", though it's abundantly clear to anybody who can actually hike that you are clueless. A couple of time you mock somebody who more capable than yourself. Almost every other one of your other posts is in this thread.

Seriously, don't you think you should learn to walk first?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Camping Dave View Post
    This is what I love about these make-fun-of-deluded-dreamer threads...
    Although you acknowledge they are all "deluded dreamers", you kind of leave out the part where these "deluded dreamers" are the ones who issue the press releases, set up interviews, create websites, and push to see their names in the newspapers online and in hard copy. Nobody has to dredge for them, these attention seekers promote themselves all too well. Just enter "appalachian trail" into google and click on the news tab, Matthew Huffman is on page 1.

Why is it you are so against other people discussing it? You seem obsessed with criticizing people who are actually giving the attention seekers the attention they ask for.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Images

First off, im 6'0 200 pounds, and not fat at all. I bet i have done more miles in the last 8 years with a pack on my back then you have, but no i have not done a long distance hike, i was in the Army for 7 years, infantry, and while we would 8-15 miles a few times a week,sometimes we would go on 70-80 miles over a few days but we were not doing it for 4 to 6 months on end so i wanted to try to figure out how it would effect someone with my body type. And as for the commet i made about Slo-go-en, i shouldnt have said that, he/she was tryin to give advice, being very blunt, and i took it as he/she was being disrepectful by not really answerign the question, i was wrong.

Now for the reason i think this matthew guy is funny is becuase i found him on facebook and wished him luck and told him he should get some advice from JPD before he starts( i pretty sure my comment is here somewhere) becuase of the time of year. he reply that i was a dick head and he didnt need any advice becuase of his "boatload of survial skills",which to me is very funny now.

Oh and the"reason people hike" thread, i was writing a paper on hiking and looking for a different point of view, or a reason i overlooked or missed. which im pretty sure i explained. but if i didnt.. there you go

First off, im 6'0 200 pounds, and not fat at all. I bet i have done more miles in the last 8 years with a pack on my back then you have, but no i have not done a long distance hike, i was in the Army for 7 years, infantry, and while we would 8-15 miles a few times a week,sometimes we would go on 70-80 miles over a few days but we were not doing it for 4 to 6 months on end so i wanted to try to figure out how it would effect someone with my body type. And as for the commet i made about Slo-go-en, i shouldnt have said that, he/she was tryin to give advice, being very blunt, and i took it as he/she was being disrepectful by not really answerign the question, i was wrong.

Now for the reason i think this matthew guy is funny is becuase i found him on facebook and wished him luck and told him he should get some advice from JPD before he starts( i pretty sure my comment is here somewhere) becuase of the time of year. he reply that i was a dick head and he didnt need any advice becuase of his "boatload of survial skills",which to me is very funny now.

Oh and the"reason people hike" thread, i was writing a paper on hiking and looking for a different point of view, or a reason i overlooked or missed. which im pretty sure i explained. but if i didnt.. there you go
    never try to justify yourself to folks like this. Stick to facts....someone should read all the posts to keep things in context. On a thread that is now 266 posts long one would expect comments to refer back to previous posts and accept that. Its one thing to repeat someone elses post for lack of reading them all but to call someone out on a post they made is wrong....I stop by a few times a week...I understood the origins of your comment and I found it very funny...boat load indeed.

Calling others names ro being rude...hey we all get hot under the collar once in a while. Even I have done it. I'm sure if you did a search on Dave's posts you'll find a questionable comment or two as well (the old pot calling the skillet black thing).

And there is no prerequisite of "long distance" hiking on this site. Its for enthusiasts of the Appliacian Trail, which if I recall can be done in short section hikes just as well as thru hikes. As Lone Wolf has been known to say...its just walking.
    Take almost nothing I say seriously--if it seems to make no sense what so ever it's probably meant as a joke....but do treat your water!

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

I like beer.

Thank you.

That is all.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

^^^^Amen to that!
    Take almost nothing I say seriously--if it seems to make no sense what so ever it's probably meant as a joke....but do treat your water!

I e-mailed the contact link on his website asking for updates. I think his mom is supposed to be updating it. Haven't heard anything back yet.

all the giving him a hard time aside I hope he's doing fine...you got nothing if you aint got your health.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beakerman View Post
    all the giving him a hard time aside I hope he's doing fine...you got nothing if you aint got your health.
    Indeed. I'd get out of northern New England and head down south a bit. The southern Apps this time of the year may be on the cold side, but are probably more enjoyable.

Hell, wish I was out there right now doing an extended trip....

( I'd like to think I'd be a little more realistic, though. )
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Quote Originally Posted by beakerman View Post
    I don't think anyone wishes him any physical injury, though I doubt many would care if his ego wound up bruised.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Images

I e-mailed the reporter asking if she was going to do a followup about how you need to be realistic when planning a hike and not let your mouth overload what you can do. this is her reply.

Hello and thanks for writing!
    I do plan on writing an updated story about this sometime this month.
    I'm waiting for the hiker to depart. He expects that date will be Nov. 10.

Best,
    Katie

Katie Kuba
    Sentinel Reporter
    phone: 717-218-0024
    email: [email protected]
    Twitter: Clink_education

So we wait a few more days for reality to set in.
    Lead, Follow, or get out of the way. I'm goin hikin.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mike View Post
    I e-mailed the reporter asking if she was going to do a followup about how you need to be realistic when planning a hike and not let your mouth overload what you can do. this is her reply.

Hello and thanks for writing!
    I do plan on writing an updated story about this sometime this month.
    I'm waiting for the hiker to depart. He expects that date will be Nov. 10.

Best,
    Katie

Katie Kuba
    Sentinel Reporter
    phone: 717-218-0024
    email: [email protected]
    Twitter: Clink_education

So we wait a few more days for reality to set in.
    Well the day of reckoning arrives. TU55 didn't hit the moon. No blizzards forecast in New England for the next week as far as I know. Maybe he forgot to mention having some blackmarket flubber.

International Man of Mystery BobTheBuilder's Avatar
    Images

First off, im 6'0 200 pounds, and not fat at all.
    6'2, 250, and somewhat fat. Since we're being honest.

Images

still no trip report, no obit i guess is good.

I'd doubt we will hear from this dude again. It seems one 30 mile day in the rain on an easy piece of the AT in Mass was enough to dash this fellow's dreams.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

He did set a record after all! Shortest record attempt. Hooray for Henry!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by XCskiNYC View Post
    He did set a record after all! Shortest record attempt. Hooray for Henry!
    so whats the scoop? I haven't found it online. How far did he go? did he even start?
    Lead, Follow, or get out of the way. I'm goin hikin.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
++ New Posts ++