WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default New York Long Path Documentary

Hey all,
    It's been a while since I've posted on this site, so I figured I would chime in again. I have made a few more hiking films since I was here last. In the spring, I thru-hiked the New York Long Path and made, what I consider to be, my best documentary yet. It's still pretty crude but compared to my AT one, it's a lot more professional looking. Check it out at www.youtube.com/tuts999 or just the first installment at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfgLqTh9dvs or at my website www.trekkingon.com . For anyone who is interested in doing the NYLP, there is a lot of good advice as to how it can be down, it was a lot more complicated than any of my other hikes to date.
    Tuts

Images

although ive hiked the Harriman and gunks areas on the LP, i never considered a thru, because of the logistics involved with overnight camping.. The info you provided is appreciated. Videos prtetty good too. good job.

Tuts, I just finished watching the video. Great job. I live near the Finger Lakes Trail in central NY. The eastern terminus of the FLT is The Long Path ... somewhere near Slide Mtn I think. I have often thought about how I could walk from my house to NYC via the FLT and LP. Someday, maybe.

Thanks again for the video. I really enjoyed it.
    You are never too old.

Images

Good job with the video!
    I live east of NYC on Long Island and have a son who lives in Ohio. One of these days I'm going to hike the Long Path north, to the Finger Lakes Trail west, to the North Country Trail west, to the Buckeye Trail in Ohio.
    When that day will be, I don't know.

Yeah congrats on thru-hiking the Long Path...I know this trail well and it was initially going to be my first long-distance hike back in the early 90's until I figured out how challenging it would be with logistics. So I hiked the Long Trail instead. For me, I would rather hike the Finger Lakes Trail, or the Northville-Lake Placid Trail again if I was to do another long hike in NY - but it was excellent to see someone actually do this trail, and document it. Well done and great docu!

++ New Posts ++