WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttle needed for Pine Grove Furnace to Caledonia 11/12

I'm looking for a shuttle from Pine Grove Furnace State Park to Caledonia State Park for the morning of 11/12 for a short section hike. I have tried the ATC Shuttle list but haven't had alot of success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Although I don't live near Pine Grove Furnace (I live in Duncannon) I could do this shuttle if you find noone else. It may be more $ than you intend to pay for the shuttle however because I would have to come from Duncannon.
    Mary 717-834-4706
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ponderer View Post
    I'm looking for a shuttle from Pine Grove Furnace State Park to Caledonia State Park for the morning of 11/12 for a short section hike. I have tried the ATC Shuttle list but haven't had alot of success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mary,
    It was nice talking to you. Your offer was the best I received so far. Another good example of your kindness to the trail community. I am going to wait til about noon for responses. Hopefully someone closer to Pine Grove Furnace will respond so you won't have to go too far out of your way. We plan to arrive at Pine Grove about 10:30am. I don't want to leave you hanging too long so you can plan your day tomorrow. I will call about noon to confirm arrangements if there isn't another response.

We can help you out with this from High Mountain Hostel which is half way between these two points, please give us a call at 717-352-4686. I am surprised that Mary didn't refer you to us, but a busy lady she is.

Thank you to the Whiteblaze community. I have arranged a shuttle with Birchy from the High Mountain Hostel. Thank you Mary for your offer of assistance.

This is an old post, but I'm wondering if anyone is providing shuttle service between these two state parks these days. High Mountain Hostel closed several years ago apparently. Any help would be most appreciated, as I'm looking to do a section hike along this route in the coming weeks. Thanks.

Joe

Serial Hiker
    Images

Joe,
    Give Bill Stachoviak out of Hagerstown, MD a call. He's listed in the AT Shuttles Guide from the ATC website. Call him even though it says "weekends only", I've gotten a ride on a Tuesday. Very affordable.
    The shelters along the way are top notch. If you get a late start from Caledonia, Quarry Gap is an awesome place to stay. Good luck on your hike.
    perrito

684.4 down, 1507.6 to go.

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

I can recommend Michael Gelinas, in Carlisle, PA, also listed in the ATC Shuttle list. Michael shuttled me from Boiling Springs, PA to Calendonia SP last year. We passed Pine Grove Furnace SP on the drive.

When will you need the ride?

I am still shuttling. 717-834-4706

I used Trail of Hope Ministry (hostel) a few weeks ago. The ride was $20 between Pine Grove Furnace and Caledonia State Park. 717-360-1481. Using this week for ride between PGF and Boiling Springs for $35. Would like cheaper but cannot find another shuttle for that ride.

Images

I live by Caledonia State Park and do shutting. Bloomer 7173049592

++ New Posts ++