WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do not buy your equipment from Sixmoondesigns!

Do not buy your equipment from Sixmoondesigns! They publish namely your email address on the internet so you later receive tons of spam! What Sixmoondesigns do best is to use your credit card !

I think they got hacked not too long ago. You think that had anything to do with it?

How many monkey butlers will there be?

One at first. But he'll train others.

I bought a pack from them recently and haven't had any problems.

I think they have great products and excellent customer service.

Their server was one of thousands worldwide that got hacked 2 months or so ago, very well could be the cause of your problems. There was several sites in my "backing sites " folder that were victims. The news around then was it was a harmless hack just to show it could be done, maybe it wasn't?

I'd get with SMD and see what happened with your email address.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

MadMax, I assume that you've contacted SMD with your concern and they've had the opportunity to research your complaint? If not, then you're basically being inflammatory and irresponsible. Let us know what you learn.
    Also, please provide more details about how you can be sure that it was SMD that "leaked" your e-mail address. There are a lot of ways for an e-mail address to get out there, and unless you use a unique one for each vendor it is extremely difficult to know who leaked the address. I have a dedicated, free "vendors" gmail address that I set up for all vendor correspondence to at least try to contain all of the vendor communications I get. They do a surprisingly good job of spam filtering also.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

I have spoken to Sixmoons and they can not help. My email address is exposed directly to their website and if Sixmoons unable or unwilling to remove it, they have a problem.

What is perhaps worse is that the security of their shop is not top notch, as the entered credit card information is not adequate encrypted even if the page says and seems like

I've got no idea why Madmax had decided to throw a tizzy fit, but here are the facts.

1) Six Moon Designs does not deliberately publish peoples email address. Nor do we sale them to third parties.

The fact is that Max logged on to our website and wrote a glowing review of the Gatewood Cape (thank you). Unfortunately he registered on the site using his email address as his user name. When the review got published, which it does automatically, the software picked up the username and attached it to the review when it is displayed.

I've since changed Max's login username and the email address no longer appears in the review. Since the review was only published yesterday, it's not likely any email address have been grabbed by spiders.

2) We were first notified of this issue in an email sent last night (Saturday) after 8pm. Certainly not within normal business hours. The only reason I caught it this morning (Sunday) is because I was checking on something else. Aside from one email, Max has no other correspondence with us on this issue. I did not tell him I was either unable or unwilling to help. Clearly I could because I fixed the problem in less than a minute. Max could have fixed himself by simply changing his username.

End of Story
    Ron

Journal Entries
    Images

Thank's Ron, glad that clears this up....
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Conidering how most of these threads turn out, my first thought to seeing such an inflammatory thread title is I wonder if the company has anything I should buy. Because it seems most of the time the company's customer service ends up looking good by the end and seems like someone you'd like to do business with. Not saying its always that way, but some people should be a little slower to post things.

It is several months ago since I first humbly asked Sixmoons to remove my information from the web. For some reason nothing happened until my writing here. Hope the problem is solved now.

OAO

Default six moons

Great company and great gear!End of story,Sweets
    SweetAss

I've had nothing but good experiences w/SMD. Had three transactions with them in the past. Love my Meteor Bivy. Thanks for some great products, Ron.

Nothing but great customer service from Ron and Six Moon Designs. They have wonderful products and I have really enjoyed my Skyscape Scout.

I've bought several products from Six Moons. Never the slightest problem, nothing but excellent service and products. Seems to me Madmax F'd up somehow and now wants someone else to blame.
    "If you don't know where you're going...any road will get you there."
    "He who's not busy living is busy dying"

Images

I use a separate email address when I think I might get spam or ads I don't want. Usually I forward this to my personal email address, but I can turn off that forwarding when I get too annoyed by the forwarded spam. Even the most technically knowledgeable companies can get hacked or just make a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    It is several months ago since I first humbly asked Sixmoons to remove my information from the web. For some reason nothing happened until my writing here. Hope the problem is solved now.
    The other side of the story:" Since the review was only published yesterday, it's not likely any email address have been grabbed by spiders. We were first notified of this issue in an email sent last night (Saturday) after 8pm... I fixed the problem in less than a minute. Max could have fixed himself by simply changing his username."

Maybe two different stories. At worst this sounds like a communications problem. I code my vendor-use email addresses and my SixMoons address has never shown up from any other mailer.

I heard Six Moon Designs kicks homeless people on the streets...and they hate puppies and Christmas.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stranger View Post
    I heard Six Moon Designs kicks homeless people on the streets...and they hate puppies and Christmas.
    I heard one of the UL tentmakers was seen taking money from the Salvation Army money pots.....

Here's a thought - If you use your phone to call in an order it might cost you the time against your allotted minutes, but there is zero chance that anyone online can access your personal information.
    I do that on a regular basis, and I take the name of the employee who processes my phone order.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++