WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default How Cold of Weather Can I Run My Gas Stove In?

This is a complicated subject, affected by a variety of factors, but complex or no, I give the question my best shot on my blog: How Cold of Weather Can I Run My Gas Stove In?

I give both a simple answer for easy planning purposes and a more complex answer for those who really want to get into the details.

Have a look if you like,

HJ
    Backpacking stove reviews and information: Adventures In Stoving

Images

Guess it's a sign of the times. When I read your post, my initial answer was "However cold it is where you are hiking."

Then I clicked on your link and see you are actually talking about canister stoves. Typically, at least in my mind, "gas stove" refers to a white gas stove, which is much more cold-friendly than canister or alcohol.

Changing times.

Hi, Lyle,

Yeah, that's a little confusing, isn't it? I mean gas as in gas vs. liquid fuel, not gas as in gasoline. Kind of confusing how the "short" form of gasoline is the same word for what's in a gas canister.

HJ

OK, so I think I lost a couple of people with the "long" part of my explanation, so here's something really short and sweet: Practical Cold Weather Gas Tips

HJ

++ New Posts ++