WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Re-purpose those containers

If you have the dollars to purchase those expensive dry sacks from Sea-to-Summit (ultra-sil, ripstop, hypalon, etc.), don't throw away the long plastic containers they're packaged in. The little ones, 8 liters and less, can be used to store tarp/tent pegs. The larger ones can be used to store and protect tent poles, collapsible umbrellas, and other long stuff that could get bent (I know what you're thinking - stop it). The plastic is solid and durable, and they can protect the other stuff in your pack from getting punctured.

You can buy the dry sacks at REI, Moosejaw, Backcountry, Mountain Gear, etc. I figure you're getting two good products for one price. Maybe that's why the damn things are so expensive. So don't chuck the packages into the recycle bin - use them!

I like it!And am working on a backpack made out of a dog food bag with some shoulder straps and hip belt pireted from a old book bag.Pack has a zip closure at top and holds about 2300 ci,the only thing is I don't want to be chased down by bears cause I smell like dog food,a work in progress.oh also;weighs 14 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I like it!And am working on a backpack made out of a dog food bag with some shoulder straps and hip belt pireted from a old book bag.Pack has a zip closure at top and holds about 2300 ci,the only thing is I don't want to be chased down by bears cause I smell like dog food,a work in progress.oh also;weighs 14 oz.
    That sounds...interesting. Please post up pics when the bag is done!

QUOTE=mfshop;1225880]That sounds...interesting. Please post up pics when the bag is done![/QUOTE]Not sure how to go about that.Hell,I just figured how to drag reply and that was hard.

please advise

I use one to store my tent stakes, and I cut up another one into a 4" capital "I" and have my mason's line wrapped around it.
    2009 thru hike Blog ---- 2009 AT GA-ME, 2012 JMT, 2013 LT, 2016 AT flip flop, 2017 AT GA-ME

++ New Posts ++