WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Liberty Ridge Pants Kit

Anyone make one of these wind pant kits from Thru-Hiker? I want to learn to sew to make some of my own gear. Would this be a project to start with?

Images

Get some silnylon and make some stuff sacks as a first project, then do something more complex. I haven't done the thru-hiker kits, but his service is great and he carries good quality stuff. brawny03 has a nice youtube video on sewing silnylon stuff sacks. http://www.youtube.com/user/brawny03#p/u/56/U4xugh_Kvcw

I can highly recommend Thru-Hiker products. The Liberty Ridge wind pant kit would be an excellent first project, perhaps even better than stuff sacks, because silnylon is quite slippery and can be more of a handful for a beginner than breathable fabric.

AYCE, who owns Thru-Hiker, is a great guy who gives excellent advice over the phone, and the website has numerous instructional pages and project descriptions. His clothing patterns are superb.

Nearly my entire ultralight inventory is from Thru-Hiker: wind pants, wind shirt, tarp, pack, stuff sacks, and quilt.

++ New Posts ++