WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Images

unless you've already hiked the whole AT - including the VT section, (like 10K has) I would strongly suggest going NOBO - the trail sets up so well that way - the further you go, the better the scenery, and the harder the hiking - the hiking starting off isn't "easy" but it's a good warm-up. Going SOBO would have been anticlimactic to me (and I had already hiked the southern sections long ago on my thru).

Journal Entries
    Images

Northbound just confuses me. One year I went up and back. Thats too cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa D View Post
    unless you've already hiked the whole AT - including the VT section, (like 10K has) I would strongly suggest going NOBO - the trail sets up so well that way - the further you go, the better the scenery, and the harder the hiking - the hiking starting off isn't "easy" but it's a good warm-up. Going SOBO would have been anticlimactic to me (and I had already hiked the southern sections long ago on my thru).
    We have done the southern section, NOBO08, and we have spent a good deal of time in The Whites this past season. Im not so much worried about the terrain. I do like the idea of spending one of those first nights on Glastonbury. We were up there after The Gathering and its just such a sweet spot. Nice way to close out an awesome hike or start one.

I've had my eye on this trail for several years. My trip I had planned for March isn't working out so I think I'll do a southbound in Sept.
    Off to order my guide!

How many monkey butlers will there be?

One at first. But he'll train others.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    We have done the southern section, NOBO08, and we have spent a good deal of time in The Whites this past season. Im not so much worried about the terrain. I do like the idea of spending one of those first nights on Glastonbury. We were up there after The Gathering and its just such a sweet spot. Nice way to close out an awesome hike or start one.
    Yep, Glastenbury is a highlight of the LT for sure. I'm up there at least 3 times each summer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++