WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Tickets to the BCS Championship Game to see my Tigers win it all! Plus 3 nights in the French Quarter!

Tilly winter hat, REI gift card, assorted non-hiking books.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Got a Marmot Helium Membrane Long to replace my borrowed from Dad 1970s synthetic. Talk about a load lightener! Also got a pair of merino wool socks and used christmas cash to get a Marmot Precip rain jacket found on clearance.

My brother, who is a sommelier, got me a bottle of french wine, though I doubt that makes it to Springer Mt.

Oh and my cousin gave me a cool handwarmer that I will use while car camping with friends.

Happy new years y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by Magilla View Post
    Ok nothing hiking related. But I got a picture of my son from Afganistan. He also called to wish me a Merry Xmas from there, and remind me he will be home in Febuary. Other than that spending time with the family was the best present.
    that is the best gift!
    Pollen

Images

stoic 30 sleeping bag............and a hangover

Images

New Zealand Possum Merino Wool Rib Beanie Hat, a Buff, and an REI gift card.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    The Puma is my go-to winter bag in harsh conditions, but I have the microfiber edition, regular, with 36oz of down at 3 lbs 7oz total weight. The goretex must add 7 more ozs, and they list a regular as having 37 oz of down. Minor points. I don't know where they come up with the -25F rating---my Puma stops working FOR ME at around -10F.
    I had weighed my bag and came up with 1 oz more than WM chart. My bag is a 6 ft one and the GWS adds about 5oz over the 6 ft microlite Puma. 3lb-7 vs 3lb-12 both having 35oz 850 down. The -25 F deg rating could be a WM misprint and maybe should be -25 deg C, making it closer to -13 deg F. I have no experience (yet) with this bag but I also have a liner which will help add approx 5-9 degs F into the total rating.

Osprey Exos 58 pack and a Lightheart Gear Solong 6 tent. Shaved about 8 lbs off my pack weight just on those two items!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++