Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Hi inch by inch. I'm starting early May ( going Nobo). Start date is flexible. Have all my gear and funds. I'm retiring early Feb. of 2013 and will turn 54 Feb. 19th. Would love to hook up with other women for peace of mind of family. Let me know if interested

Images

Oops -- I am starting March 8th not May 8th!!
    Infinity
    Some of life's greatest lessons cannot be pried from books--they must be experienced in your bones.
    Kobi Yamada

There ought to be a name for a gang of older women hiking the trail! I'm sure we'll be a formidable group!
    Quilteresq
    2013, hopefully.

Sounds great Speedbump! Let's keep in touch

Images

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Hi ! I am also planning on doing a large section of the trail in 2013. But, starting in May. I can't get time until then. Maybe if you are still looking for a buddy, I can start where your group is at that time. I can hike the distance, but am a little slow.
    That would be great! I would look forward to meeting you on the trail.
    Infinity
    Some of life's greatest lessons cannot be pried from books--they must be experienced in your bones.
    Kobi Yamada

Quote Originally Posted by inch by inch View Post
    I have had this dream for a long time and now have the time and opportunity to attempt a thru hike of the Appalachian Trail. I have done some backpacking and I am a positive can do kind of person. I am looking for other women who have the same desire. We can encourage and support each other and hopefully succeed in our attempt to travel over 2000 mile from Georgia to Maine. Are you in? Lets Go....Let me hear from you.
    I am not quite 50 , yet, but close. I will be hiking a huge section of the AT in 2013. Can't start until first week of May. Maybe we can meet for some of the AT. Keep me posted in your plans.

My bad! Not starting May 2013, starting early May.

I mean starting early March 2013. Don't know why I have May on the brain. Sorry!.

Count me in! I'm planning on March 2013 and would feel much better not starting solo! I'm 50 years old and this has been a dream of mine for a very long time...

Journal Entries

We currently have a group of about 8 ladies wanting to start on march 8th...if you are interested in joining us please send me a private message with your name and email or facebook info.. would love to have you

Journal Entries

we are planning on leaving around march 8th...hope to see you on the trail

I hiked from Springer to Davenport Gap in 2010. Then I got lonely because the friends I met left the trail at Fontana, and I missed my dogs so much I couldn't stand it any more. I am so old I can't remember exactly how old I am. But if I were able to join a group of great friends and companions I might consider another hike. In 2010 I started April 19. This was later than I wanted but I had a wedding to attend. Early March sounds so much better. If I am able to solve my dog issue I would really like to join you ladies. I have the gear and clothes and know what to leave at home this time. So the only prep I need is to just get my body into hiking shape.

Gypcgirl is currently on the PCT. Check out her Trail journal.

Hi Ladies! I am an over 50 gal and thru-hiked last year. Flame and I are friends; enjoyed many a day together! If you would like to check out my Trail Journal the link is www.trailjournals.com/skerry; my Trail Name is Scribbles and I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Don't let the dream go Ladies, you can do it!

Hike on!
    Scribbles

Journal Entries

If you would like more information on our group check out hikers 2013 on facebook..right now there are 9 of us and there is always room for one more...I hope you can make it. Connie

Hi, all! I'm currently saving my money for a thru-hike attempt in a couple of years (when I'll be 54 or 55), so I'm not eligible for your 2013 group (unless I win the lottery this year!). But I wanted to pop my head out of lurker status long enough to say, "You women rock!" Best of luck to all of you. You're an inspiration!

Hike on!

Hi Ladies,

I can't get time off for a thru-hike (although I love the idea of requesting time off...I'm inspired!) but I would love to meet up with you all and join you for a section (or two or three) as you pass through Virginia! Also, if any of you would like to do some "warm ups" I am always looking for someone to hike/backpack with!

Registered User grmtone@gmail.com's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Hi Inch by Inch. I also am looking for a partner to hike with. I was planning on leaving the first of March in order to have plenty of time to get to Maine before they shut down for the winter. I am 71, very positive kind of person and also have this as a dream. I am planning on being able to walk 20 miles a day here in Michigan before leaving for the trail. I have hiked the Grand Canyon several times but that was a while ago, but with the training I am doing at the present, hopefully will have no problems. I swim a mile three times a week and walk 5 miles 3 times a week. Trying to get my core muscles built up. Wold love to have you as a partner if you are interested.

Images

Hi grmtone,
    I live in Howell, MI and will also be hiking with this group of ladies. We currently are talking with each other on Facebook. Do you have a Facebook page?
    Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi Inch by Inch. I also am looking for a partner to hike with. I was planning on leaving the first of March in order to have plenty of time to get to Maine before they shut down for the winter. I am 71, very positive kind of person and also have this as a dream. I am planning on being able to walk 20 miles a day here in Michigan before leaving for the trail. I have hiked the Grand Canyon several times but that was a while ago, but with the training I am doing at the present, hopefully will have no problems. I swim a mile three times a week and walk 5 miles 3 times a week. Trying to get my core muscles built up. Wold love to have you as a partner if you are interested.
    Infinity
    Kobi Yamada

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tazo View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I can't get time off for a thru-hike (although I love the idea of requesting time off...I'm inspired!) but I would love to meet up with you all and join you for a section (or two or three) as you pass through Virginia! Also, if any of you would like to do some "warm ups" I am always looking for someone to hike/backpack with!
    We would love to meet up with you! A connection in VA would be great.
    Infinity
    Kobi Yamada

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++