Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Great! Please keep me in the communication loop so I can track your progress when you start out at Springer Mtn.

I just lost my hiking buddy for the weekend, THIS weekend! Any chance anyone wants to do a last minute overnight in Virginia? I'm slow but steady. I was thinking maybe 10 miles/day?

I would like to hike the VA portion of the AT in 2013. I don't plan to start the hike until mid-May or thereabouts. Maybe I could meet up at Damascus? I'm a single lady just over 60 and enjoy keeping fit in the outdoors. My hiking club is currently building part of the Alabama Trail. I have most all the gear ready that I can think of, but no hiking partners.

Journal Entries
    Images

It's nice to be back on Whiteblaze, again, and great knowing there are other women interested in doing the hike with us. I hope to meet you on the trail, at least, if you're unable to join us full-time! My warm aloha to all of you!

I am looking at possibly thru hiking in 2013 too. Would love to possibly up with you ladies if I do not leave in February.

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
    From where shall my help come?
    My help comes from the LORD,
    Who made heaven and earth."
    -Psalm 121:1-2

I am looking at possibly thru hiking in 2013 too. Would love to possibly up with you ladies in March if I do not leave in February.

Registered User Distracted By Stone's Avatar

Following this discussion.

I am a 65yr old AT section hiker.

Perhaps can connect for a long section hike of a state or two.

trailname: Distracted By Stone

Wow, very inspiring to see all the 50+ women....I am also a teacher, and hope to retire in 3 years (at 60.) I've only been backpacking for two years now, but I'm addicted. I've done week long summer trips to NM and CO so far and hike in AR from fall to spring, as it's near. Next fall-spring I hope to complete the Ouachita trail in sections, then if I accomplish that do the Ozark Highland Trail the following fall-spring. I hope to stay in shape so that I'll be ready for a thru hike when I retire. I look forward to reading all about your 2013 hike!

I'm in. I hvae hiked Georgia twice and 200 Miles of the AT. I am 60.

Hi Ladies, Everyone sounds so excited about their upcoming hike in 2013. I have hiked from Springer to Damascus and several shorter sections further north including part of Maine but!!! the idea of a thruhike has always pulled at my heartstrings .... I may be able to work it out for next year and would love to celebrate my 60th bday along the way with what sounds like such a great group of women. Keep me informed please .... I have tentative plans to pick up where I last got off with a friend who would like to do a section hike but I am not sure he will make it, or if he will even consider a thru so .... let's keep talking. Maybe we can be there to support and encourage each other.

Hi inchbyinch.... I live in Ky .... hoping to hike next year also .... posted a reply further down in the list but not sure if you will see it so .... stay in touch ... we might be able to help each other.

Journal Entries

Bluebell....We would love to have you join us for all or any part of our hike..Are you on facebook..let me know we have a group on there who are planning on leaving
    next year...

Journal Entries

sweetspot we would love to have you go ....We are planning on starting early March..Are you on facebook let me know.

Journal Entries

would love to have you hike all or some of the trail with us.....just let me know

Journal Entries

Hi Cozy...we are planning on leaving early March and just taking our time....Are you on facebook..let me know if you want to go with us...would love to have you..

Journal Entries

Red leaf..we would love to have you...keep in touch....if you are on facebook we do have a group you could join to get more info. Let me know.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Just to let you know, esp if you plan to section hike and not thru hike, we have an AT section hiking group on Facebook where many have come to find partners. Trying to link up with thru hikers for a section later on is tough stuff as they have their own agenda and their own trail legs (hence they are quicker and stronger). You'd be better finding someone fresh for that section.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

yes I am on Facebook .... give me the page name and I will contact you there.... also .... I am planning some 'shakedown' hikes this fall .... we might get together then and enjoy some lovely weather.... thanks!

Yes, I'm on Facebook. Give me the Name of the FB page please!

Never mind. I found the page. Looks good!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++