Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

I'm 50 and looking for someone to hike with middle of April 2013, is there a female hiker out there looking to start with someone?
    I'm a average hiker, not a real fast hike, but not a real slow hiker either.

Default Summit Sisters

I would love to know how many of the Summit Sisters are still on the trail and who got off. I was able to follow some of them on Trailjournals but "lost" a few and don't know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tann View Post
    Hi, over the last few months I have discovered (make that "rediscovered") the joys of hiking. Now, I have got it in my head to want to thru-hike the AT. When I found your post, it was exactly what I am looking for. In a year...

I am 53 and would really like to hike it with some other women. Unfortunately, I know that I am not ready to go this March (though I really wish I could). I am overweight and otherwise unprepared.

In any case, I'm glad I found this site. Maybe I should do a shout out now for a women's over 50s hike next year - 2014. Anyone game?

Let me know!
    I'm on board for at least a section hike from the beginning depending on how much time from work I can get. At least 1 month, hopefully 2. Although I would really like to go SoBo. I'm also about to turn 47 so maybe not qualified yet for the over 50 group?

Hey there! I'm 54, also overweight and planning to thru next year. Working on getting in better shape, researching gear every spare minute and trying to soak up all the info I can. I'm planning to leave sometime in March depending on the weather. I'm also interested in the ATKO but it seems kind of early for a start, as in COLD!!!

I'm 58 and well on my way toward training to do a section hike of NH this summer; probably in July, maybe in August -- depending on weather vs. mosquitoes. I'm planning on hiking alone, but more than open to hiking with someone too. My schedule is open, except that I won't arrive in NH until late June, and have to be back in Texas for the beginning of September.

Wendy P.

Lets talk. I am looking for the same ! I am almost 50, so don't hold that against me : ) I have been planning this for years, and have done all of NH and some of Maine and Vt. You can private msg me ..........

Quote Originally Posted by inch by inch View Post
    I have had this dream for a long time and now have the time and opportunity to attempt a thru hike of the Appalachian Trail. I have done some backpacking and I am a positive can do kind of person. I am looking for other women who have the same desire. We can encourage and support each other and hopefully succeed in our attempt to travel over 2000 mile from Georgia to Maine. Are you in? Lets Go....Let me hear from you.
    Just ignore it

OOps please disregard my post, I did not see the dates, I am a year too late !
    Just ignore it

Default Summit Ssiters

Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    I would love to know how many of the Summit Sisters are still on the trail and who got off. I was able to follow some of them on Trailjournals but "lost" a few and don't know what happened.
    Hi JSR, I think there is only 3 of the 45 Sumit Sisters on the trail. All off for different reasons. It was a fun group to be in on Facebook this past winter.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
++ New Posts ++