Images

Default winter hammock camping

i have been doing a lot of experimenting on hammock camping in the winter time
    i am a hiker on a tight budget,i needed something economical,practical,something also that would work on the ground also
    first of all i start out with a hennessey hammock the cocoon version 59.99
    without the tarp,60.00 for a jacks r better 8x8 silnylon tarp,35.00 dollars for a
    custom silnylon under cover,4.00 for a 38 in x 54 in egg crate open cell pad
    i bought the pad at dollar store 8.00,you can get 2 pad out of this,i will post pics this weekend.i compress the pad in a eagle creek compressor bag,this is a great set up if you cant afford the alternatives, neo

Images

now its time to switch to the summer time mode
    1.6 ultralite backpacker,my rei travel sac,i love it neo

Quote Originally Posted by neo
    i have been doing a lot of experimenting on hammock camping in the winter time
    i am a hiker on a tight budget,i needed something economical,practical,something also that would work on the ground also
    first of all i start out with a hennessey hammock the cocoon version 59.99
    without the tarp,60.00 for a jacks r better 8x8 silnylon tarp,35.00 dollars for a
    custom silnylon under cover,4.00 for a 38 in x 54 in egg crate open cell pad
    i bought the pad at dollar store 8.00,you can get 2 pad out of this,i will post pics this weekend.i compress the pad in a eagle creek compressor bag,this is a great set up if you cant afford the alternatives, neo
    What method did you eventually work out to attach the open-cell insulation to the bottom of the hammock? Did you just hold it up with the undercover?

Doug Frost

Images

the under cover holds it in place neo

I use open cell foam and the undercover of the HH Supershelter system for a similiar insulating system. What is the compressed dimensions of your open cell foam pad?

Images

not sure,i cant determine,but no cold spot. neo

The compressed dimensions that I am enquiring about are those of the packed open cell foam pad in it's compression bag.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rpettit
    The compressed dimensions that I am enquiring about are those of the packed open cell foam pad in it's compression bag.
    it packed extremely small neo

++ New Posts ++