Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 198

Thread: 2012 e2e

  1. #81
    Registered User Yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-25-2007
    Location
    Cambridge, New York
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,224
    Images
    21

    Default

    I'm just praying there isn't a water issue up north this year...I hate seeing dry water sources

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    I'm just praying there isn't a water issue up north this year...I hate seeing dry water sources
    With the lack of snow pack and the dry spring we've been having, it's entirely possible. Hate to see it myself.

  3. #83

    Default

    I just bought my Amtrak ticket, bound for Pittsfield Mass. on August 13. From there I'll hitch 20 miles north to Williamtown. I will be starting NOBO on the 14th.
    I'll be traveling from Sandusky Ohio (near Cedar Point). The ticket was only $61. Beats the Greyhound price of $80, and is only 12 hours instead of 16 with 5 transfers to different buses through the night.
    The only down side is my wife has to get me to the train station by 3:30am.
    But that's part of the fun.
    I hope to see everyone one the trail!

  4. #84
    Registered User Yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-25-2007
    Location
    Cambridge, New York
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,224
    Images
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    I just bought my Amtrak ticket, bound for Pittsfield Mass. on August 13. From there I'll hitch 20 miles north to Williamtown. I will be starting NOBO on the 14th.
    I'll be traveling from Sandusky Ohio (near Cedar Point). The ticket was only $61. Beats the Greyhound price of $80, and is only 12 hours instead of 16 with 5 transfers to different buses through the night.
    The only down side is my wife has to get me to the train station by 3:30am.
    But that's part of the fun.
    I hope to see everyone one the trail!
    Cool, we'll be passing each other at some point...

  5. #85
    Registered User Yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-25-2007
    Location
    Cambridge, New York
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,224
    Images
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCountryWoods View Post
    With the lack of snow pack and the dry spring we've been having, it's entirely possible. Hate to see it myself.
    I don't want to be begging day hikers for water lol

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-16-2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Age
    44
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    I just bought my Amtrak ticket, bound for Pittsfield Mass. on August 13. From there I'll hitch 20 miles north to Williamtown. I will be starting NOBO on the 14th.
    http://www.berkshirerta.com runs from Amtrak in Pittsfield (``Intermodal Center") to North Adams and from there to Willamstown Inn, crossing the AT on Route 2 (it stops wherever you want). Peter Pan runs directly to Williamstown Inn, but only twice daily.

  7. #87
    Registered User oldnevada's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-17-2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    65
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I'm hoping to nobo e2e this summer. Was all geared up for it last fall then Irene shut GMNF down for the fall weeks I wanted to do it. Maybe I'll do half early summer and the north half in the fall....... I'm all geared up anyway.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-13-2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2
    Journal Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap Shirt View Post
    I'll be starting a NOBO hike in late June/early July.

    I'm a newbie to hiking but am looking forward to seeing more my wife's home state. Cheers!
    Same here! Maybe I'll see ya out there

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-13-2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2
    Journal Entries
    4

    Default

    NOBO E2E starting July 2. I'm a newbie so I'm giving myself the whole month. Definitely welcome the advice of all you experts!

  10. #90
    There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
    Join Date
    01-02-2009
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    130
    Images
    144

    Default

    I'm hoping for a 08 September southbound trip. Weather permitting, getting dropped off at the airport in Newport VT and walking to the airport in Williamstown MA. Hope to see some of you then.

  11. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reikita View Post
    NOBO E2E starting July 2. I'm a newbie so I'm giving myself the whole month. Definitely welcome the advice of all you experts!
    If you can start later, I would. Bugs will still be an issue.

  12. #92

    Default

    NoBo, Memorial Day start, 4 week itinerary. Looking for partner.

  13. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smachia View Post
    NoBo, Memorial Day start, 4 week itinerary. Looking for partner.
    Enjoy the bugs

  14. #94
    Registered User StubbleJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-23-2007
    Location
    Constant Amazement
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Enjoy the bugs
    Yep. The May long weekend is approximately peak time for black flies. As a bonus, the mosquitoes should just be starting around then too. By mid-June when smachia is nearing Journey's End, the black flies should be mostly gone, but the mosquitoes will be out in full force!

    Given the choice, I almost prefer the black flies because at least they sleep at night. The mosquitoes keep buzzing around your head unless the temperature at night goes down into the high-30s or low-40s. That pretty much means that you gotta sleep in a tent, not the shelters.

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-04-2002
    Location
    various places
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smachia View Post
    NoBo, Memorial Day start, 4 week itinerary. Looking for partner.
    Smack dead in Blackfly season...if you can try waiting til mid July

  16. #96

    Default

    So my cousin had to bail due to her summer job so i'm hoping to find some folks of similar ability to go NOBO with.. my kickoff date is pretty flexible but late july would be nice.

    at least at the start probably 10-15/day? 2-3mph? hoping to do the Pemi loop soon so that will give me a better indication on harder stuff again.

    getting close.. all this rain the water should be fine.. hopefully mud will dry up some.

  17. #97
    PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT 560 miles 10-K's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2007
    Location
    Erwin, TN
    Age
    58
    Posts
    8,434

    Default

    I'll be in North Troy August 3rd around 1:00 PM and hiking south.

  18. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StubbleJumper View Post
    ...Given the choice, I almost prefer the black flies because at least they sleep at night. The mosquitoes keep buzzing around your head unless the temperature at night goes down into the high-30s or low-40s. That pretty much means that you gotta sleep in a tent, not the shelters.
    Yes, that's been my experience. By 6, sometimes earlier, the BFs are gone. It's incentive to get going early in the morning before they stir.

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-04-2002
    Location
    various places
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    I'll be in North Troy August 3rd around 1:00 PM and hiking south.
    We will be 2 days ahead of you 10-K, leaving 1 Aug...hope you catch us!

  20. #100
    PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT 560 miles 10-K's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2007
    Location
    Erwin, TN
    Age
    58
    Posts
    8,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stranger View Post
    We will be 2 days ahead of you 10-K, leaving 1 Aug...hope you catch us!
    I wanted to thank you for the invitation to ride up with you, I just can't make my schedule work to get there earlier.

    I plan on 20ish mpd with a zero in Manchester Center or thereabouts so ya'll probably stay ahead of me by a few days all the way.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •