WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2012 e2e

You might catch us, we are looking at 18-19 days, averaging 15/day...hope to see ya out there

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stranger View Post
    You might catch us, we are looking at 18-19 days, averaging 15/day...hope to see ya out
    there
    In that case I should catch you in 8-9 days. How can I recognize you? (hate to ask every 2 guys hiking if they are Stranger... )

BTW, my plan is still to leave with 3 days food and a maildrop to Jonesville and wing it the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    In that case I should catch you in 8-9 days. How can I recognize you? (hate to ask every 2 guys hiking if they are Stranger... )

BTW, my plan is still to leave with 3 days food and a maildrop to Jonesville and wing it the rest of the way.
    I have a ULA Circuit and my buddy will have a Gregory, I have a distinct accent, American meets New Zealand with a touch of Australia...most Americans pick up on it.

We are going into Morrisville for a motel and resupply, then just maildrop at Jonesville, then into Waitsfield, Rutland, Manchester Center, weather and foot pain will determine if we stay overnight in those towns I suspect : )

I'll be in North Troy August 3rd around 1:00 PM and hiking south.
    Good luck, my plans fell apart and a pretty good opportunity came about so I had to take it. We may still do Jonesville to Canada in mid August so we may pass you. Good luck and enjoy

I have a ULA Circuit and my buddy will have a Gregory, I have a distinct accent, American meets New Zealand with a touch of Australia...most Americans pick up on it.

We are going into Morrisville for a motel and resupply, then just maildrop at Jonesville, then into Waitsfield, Rutland, Manchester Center, weather and foot pain will determine if we stay overnight in those towns I suspect : )

no secret handshake or signal? Come on, we can do better than that...Seriously I was wonder this too...
    10-k I'll be the guy you catch up to about an hour before you catch up to Stranger

Images

Well me and my friend leave NOBO tomorrow! If you see two high school looking boys out there heading North be sure to say hi!

Kyle your job is to bring a giant fly swatter and go to town on all the bugs as you hike.

I'm thinking of leaving after the Tour de France finishes.. so somewhere in the july 23-25 area? Anyone want to go NOBO in the 10-15mi/day range?

I'm stepping off from Wiliamstown, MA on Sunday, June 24. Am I gonna be close to anyone?

T minus 20 days and counting.....

Counting down till August 3rd here.... Leave for North Adams August 1st... Ride to Journey's End the 3rd at 9:00 AM...

wonder how long it takes to get from N Adams to N Troy?

Images

Counting down till August 3rd here.... Leave for North Adams August 1st... Ride to Journey's End the 3rd at 9:00 AM...

wonder how long it takes to get from N Adams to N Troy?
    It will take about an hour from North Adams to N Troy. Have a great hike. It has been extremely dry here in W. MA small forest fire in Tyringham yesterday. Bugs have not been bad at all - deer flies have been the worst. Have a great hike.

We will be on the trail August 6th, starting from Brandon Gap. I have a black Gregory pack with an AMC patch on the shovel pocket.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Let me go

I will probably run into you near the end of your hike as I am starting NOBO on Aug 14th. Have a good hike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Migrating Bird View Post
    It will take about an hour from North Adams to N Troy. Have a great hike. It has been extremely dry here in W. MA small forest fire in Tyringham yesterday. Bugs have not been bad at all - deer flies have been the worst. Have a great hike.
    Dang, I thought N. Adams and N. Troy were 200ish miles apart...

It's no hour, try 3

Images

It's no hour, try 3

Yeah, what he said, 3 hours at a minimum...

Images

8/22 start date - NOBO

start NOBO august 18th with my wonderful wife. first post on forum, but have been lingering around for a bit and reading up on all the great info!

Images

It has been super dry this summer in Vermont. Springs are still flowing but there is little to no mud. Hikers are confused.

Not to worry...a couple of heavy rains the the mud shall return.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Headed to Williamstown tomorrrow. should be there by 2 if the bus is running right and should make at least Seth Warner if not the next shelter if the feet are moving quickly.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
++ New Posts ++