WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: hike soon

Default hike soon

The weather is looking sunny for Wednesday through friday. I'm thinking I will drive up from virginia on tuesday and hike those 3 days going south from Lincoln Gap to Hwy 4/inn at the long trail. Anyone want to go too? Anyone available for shuttle from the Inn up to Lincoln gap?

Juma

well, it was more like tuesday thru thursday. ended up going north from IALT. the trail was 98% dry. I did take one mistep on a wet log leading to a double gainer and landing on my feet about 15 feet lower down the the hillside. the rocks and roots were dry and worthy of footfall. I got to every checkpoint 30 minutes earlier than I thought I would. the leaves were down and led to inadvertent steps into a mudholes. water ran everywhere as tho it were spring 2013-- some big gnats were around the big water holes. saw only 2 other hikers heading south. carried too much food but hitching was easy. went to the mad taco - bout like chipolte BUT had hopzilla on tap. Could get tougher but I think the map overestimates climb steepness and thass good. climb is a state of mind anyway. forester, whitney, its about getting in the zone. LT has nothing long enuff to zone on. not the last hike of the year....

++ New Posts ++