WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 e2e

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    Well my luck has changed it seems and I will doing an E-2-E! I will be starting August 11th, and heading SOBO. Don't need any gear or anything, just need the next 5 months to fly by
    Cool, will probably pass ya along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Starting to plan the first hike of the spring !!!! Time to get my fat a** in shape!
    ya ya.. I'm hoping to do the CT section of AT once the days get long enough that I can hike for a while and won't get bored out of my mind when it gets dark. I got a lot of new gear this year and i'm psyched to get it all working together.

Images

Sweet, I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya

I'm hoping to SOBO sometime this year. In the planning stages right now. Purchasing/replacing the gear I need. Picked up my map, have to order the updated books/guides. I have to prep all my food ahead of time. My daughter will probably be sending my food packages for me. Too many diet/health issues to risk resupply in town.

I may start at Greylock since I am going to have a couple of days to spare getting north.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    I may start at Greylock since I am going to have a couple of days to spare getting north.
    Gasp! You'll never make it. It's too far!

How many monkey butlers will there be?

One at first. But he'll train others.

This spring and summer is going to be legendary, ending with my LT e2e. We are doing so many cool things this year!!!

Images

My official time-off was given to me (though I was told verbally already). Feels better to have it on paper though. So, barring any major cotastrophe...COME ON AUGUST 11th!!!

I'll be starting a NOBO hike in late June/early July.

I'm a newbie to hiking but am looking forward to seeing more my wife's home state. Cheers!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Snap Shirt View Post
    I'll be starting a NOBO hike in late June/early July.

I'm a newbie to hiking but am looking forward to seeing more my wife's home state. Cheers!
    I see you are from Canada. Every year the Long Trail has many Canadians hiking end to end.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

We're heading south from Canada on August 1st, hope to see everyone out there!

Heading to Williamstown Tuesday July 24, starting at Greylock

So is it me or does no really attempt to e2e starting mid to late april? I've always focused on the AT but in the last few years have realized the LT is equally awesome in its own right.

Nah...it's Vermont, can't hike in April or May, terrible trail conditions with deep mud

June is even considered early, July-Oct is the season

Quote Originally Posted by Passengr57 View Post
    So is it me or does no really attempt to e2e starting mid to late april? I've always focused on the AT but in the last few years have realized the LT is equally awesome in its own right.

Most years in mid-April, you'll hit snow and ice at around 3,000 feet. This year, it'll probably be clear, but it's been a strange spring.

I would second the mud comment. In April, you'll sink down to China in the Vermont mud. However, if we continue to have a dry-ish spring, perhaps late May might be ok from a mud perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Passengr57 View Post
    http://www.greenmountainclub.org/page.php?id=60

Mud Season, thanks! I've seen some mud on the AT but this is some next level stuff. At the moment I have no plans to start an e2e, was asking more out of curiosity but I appreciate the info nonetheless. I will consider myself advised.

Images

I got a vacation request approved for 8/29-9/23 so I'll probably start NOBO 8/29 or 8/30. Hoping to finish in about 19 days but wanted a few extra in case I'm a little behind schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrslr21 View Post
    I got a vacation request approved for 8/29-9/23 so I'll probably start NOBO 8/29 or 8/30. Hoping to finish in about 19 days but wanted a few extra in case I'm a little behind schedule.

Shouldn't be any trouble. Even taking into account two travel-days to get to and from the termini, you have 24 days to hike. I'm of the view that 19 days is tight, but 23 or 24 is plenty for a guy in okay shape to finish the trail and enjoy the trip.

Do not think we are going to see the mud that is typical for Vermont this year unless we have a wet spring.

19 days is too tight, just saying

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++