WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Twelve Ways To Be Banned by Wingfoot From Trailplace.com

12. Recommend the ALDHA AT Companion.

11. Suggest he switch to decaf.

10. Mention you have other AT gods before him.

9. Mention his 2000 Companion didn’t ship until the summer of 2000 - months after customers started their thru-hikes.

8. Point out that even with all his rationalizations, he’s still just a canine bigot.

7. Take the name of your AT God in jest, for Wingfoot will not leave him unbanned who takes his name in jest.

6. Mention the IRS doesn’t allow 803(c)(3) nonprofits to endorse political candidates.

5. Reveal that the White Blaze site has way less hot air and way more members.

4. Point out that if you switch the “W” and “F” in Wingfoot it spells “Fing Woot” - Fing is German for “caught” and Woot, as an acronym, means the Waste of Our Time

3. Suggest he change his name to “Wingnut”.

2. Register with the user name Gerald Allen (You’ll have to Google it)

And the number one way to be banned by Wingfoot….

1. Suggest Wingfoot is really a nom de guerre for Jack Tarlin aka Baltimore Jack.

honestly.....get a life

You despise wingfoot so much but you're willing to spend signifigant time putting together soemething like this.

its pathetic. really.

act your age.

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake
    honestly.....get a life

You despise wingfoot so much but you're willing to spend signifigant time putting together soemething like this.

its pathetic. really.

act your age.
    Lighten up Francis. I thought is was pretty funny, and true. It's good to mock folks who take themselves too seriously.
    "If you don't know where you're going...any road will get you there."
    "He who's not busy living is busy dying"

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog49
    Lighten up Francis. I thought is was pretty funny, and true. It's good to mock folks who take themselves too seriously.
    it seemed pretty lame to me. I hear this crap about WF all the time and it usually goes back to something he did or said on HIS website.

He has invested capital in to a website which he runs. He is the owner of this property. He has every right to control the content, the direction and the rules of the site. Why should he invest with his own personal money in something that he can't support?

If you owned a store, and you thought someone was causing trouble, you would have every right to kick them out.

But for some reason, he is rediculed for it.

Maybe he is opinionated, maybe he DOES take himself to seriously. But since his character is so widely discussed and 'understood' by the hiking community, you should know exactly what you're getting in to if you go to his site. Yet plenty of people go there, say something that bothers the admin, and they get kicked out and then b*tch and moan and redicule WF. I see nothing wrong with that at all. If you don't like it, try starting your own hiking community and see if you can handle it.

And you've found your way to Whiteblaze. I mean its not like there arn't any other hiking forums out there. There are certainly better ones then TP. IMO Whiteblaze is a better source for hiking information ANYWAY, so why are you wasting your time obsessing over another man and his beliefs. He is just a man, he is just as entitled to his opinions and beliefs as you and I.

I can't believe I'm writing this about grown adults but it is pretty sad. Give it a rest cretins.

That a boy Blake, I'm with you.
    Maine2Georgia.com
    A Southbound Adventure

Images

Default Actually, I suspect Dan thinks some of those are funny!

Dan's pretty serious, and always has been. But I rather think that some of them he'd smile at.

But the best one was left off the list:

#1A: Accuse Dan of being a Bushie!

The Weasel
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

People have the 'right" to do a lot of things, including making an ass of themselves. That doesn't mean they should do it or not be called on it when they do. Wing Foot sets himself up for this kind of ridicule and fully deserves it.

Seems pretty stupid to host a forum but not allow an open discussion of ideas and opinions. He remids me of the Soup Nazi on Seinfield, if you say the wrong thing, "no soup for you". Funny stuff.
    "If you don't know where you're going...any road will get you there."
    "He who's not busy living is busy dying"

Journal Entries
    Images

We have to have Trailplace. It gives us one thing we all agree on and bitch about.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog49
    Seems pretty stupid to host a forum but not allow an open discussion of ideas and opinions. He remids me of the Soup Nazi on Seinfield, if you say the wrong thing, "no soup for you". Funny stuff.
    You captured by my point exactly. People are banned for pointing out some of the problems with his personal opinions. The more sharp-witted your argument, the more likely your banishment.

Personally, I was Wingfoot neutral for years. Now, I'm negative in light of all the banishment.

I've never met Wingfoot, but I have met several he has banned. All good people. They never “took their ball home”, because they were outplayed.

Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Will Moody
    6. Mention the IRS doesn’t allow 803(c)(3) nonprofits to endorse political candidates.
    I'm still trying to figure out what an 803(c)(3) nonprofit is!

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Rainman, Maybe they mean 501(c)(3).

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Fhart
    Rainman, Maybe they mean 501(c)(3).

Either way, unless things have recently changed, Dan's enterprise is not a non-profit entity.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Just Passin' Thru.... Kozmic Zian's Avatar
    Images

Default Wing-fruit

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI16
    Either way, unless things have recently changed, Dan's enterprise is not a non-profit entity.
    Yea.....Bruce's biggest foiable is his lack of patience. He has no patience for anyone or anything that dosen't support his agenda. His site is a onesided, do it my way or else, situation.

So one of the items might read like this -
    Saying anything negative about anything that Wingfruit subscribes to.
    Kozmic Zian@ :cool: ' My father considered a walk in the woods as equivalent to churchgoing'. ALDOUS HUXLEY

Default The Man has Rights

The man has rights to be a self absorbed left wing bigoted jerk if
    that's want he wants to do.The only sad part is that he doesn't realize
    that alot of us rightwinged people share some of his beliefs-just not all of them.
    In the process he is missing alot of friendships and comraderie that he would have otherwise had if only he had been the least bit tolerant to opposing points of view.Yeah,before I realized what the deal was he bounced me out of his site-that's OK-i still bought his book.I think its funny that he didn't mind taking my REPUBLICAN $$$$$ one iota.The fact is this-the man puts out a pretty darn good product that is"just right" for carrying purposes-that's one of the two reasons i purchased one.
    The other was to "taint" him with my blood money;made no doubt on the backs of the poor and at the expense of the environment.Oh what an evil dreaded thought,that.
    Cheers to all,
    Oldfivetango
    Keep on keeping on.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI16
    Well, it never used to be. But it may be that his requirement that orders for his Thru Hiker Guide must have checks addressed to him, may suggest a change or a potential change.

Regardless. Wingfoot devotes his life to what he perceives to be the good of the trail. I think he has done some very useful things. And, yes, a few destructive things.

But it's his life and his income -- a very tiny income, I suspect.

I wish we could just leave the animosity behind. Support him when he is right. Ignore him when he's wrong.

If folks could have put these petty squabbles behind them five years ago, we might have won the Saddleback battle, and I wouldn't be struggling to raise the money needed to save a tiny corner of Saddleback. We could have won it all.

Weary www.matlt.org

Little Bear, didn't you mention this was a Hiking Humor thread???

A professor of mine once quipped that he had always found it less painful to fire himself from a job than to wait for someone to take it into their hands to fire him.

I got banned from Wingfoot's forum by me. I just left. I never did anything to get anyone mad. I just did not feel at home.

I did the same thing at the BackpackGearLight Yahoo Forum. They were having a binge of banning a number of people I know and it seemed like the wrong direction to be taking. I left a short note saying that I would be leaving and then I left.

I find it almost never pays to make enemies. It's hard enough to keep up with friends.
    Walk Well,
    Risk

Author of "A Wildly Successful 200-Mile Hike"
    http://www.wayahpress.com

Personal hiking page: http://www.imrisk.com

Default Not yet banned

Never got banned.. just because I stopped reading there.. I think my membership still there. I registered and read for only two or three days before realizing that there is not any worthwhile readings in his website.

I see that his price for thru hiker handbook is approx 21.95, which cost more than the combined ATC data book and ALDHA thru hiker handbook. Why more? me wonder

ATtroll and staff run this whiteblaze is one of great

Flash Hand

Images

This is supposed to be a joke thread y'all. :
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock
    This is supposed to be a joke thread y'all. :
    So, Wingfoot, a Lawyer and a Rabbi are in an elevator...
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++