WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Talking Twelve Ways To Be Banned by Wingfoot From Trailplace.com

12. Recommend the ALDHA AT Companion.

11. Suggest he switch to decaf.

10. Mention you have other AT gods before him.

9. Mention his 2000 Companion didn’t ship until the summer of 2000 - months after customers started their thru-hikes.

8. Point out that even with all his rationalizations, he’s still just a canine bigot.

7. Take the name of your AT God in jest, for Wingfoot will not leave him unbanned who takes his name in jest.

6. Mention the IRS doesn’t allow 803(c)(3) nonprofits to endorse political candidates.

5. Reveal that the White Blaze site has way less hot air and way more members.

4. Point out that if you switch the “W” and “F” in Wingfoot it spells “Fing Woot” - Fing is German for “caught” and Woot, as an acronym, means the Waste of Our Time

3. Suggest he change his name to “Wingnut”.

2. Register with the user name Gerald Allen (You’ll have to Google it)

And the number one way to be banned by Wingfoot….

1. Suggest Wingfoot is really a nom de guerre for Jack Tarlin aka Baltimore Jack.

honestly.....get a life

You despise wingfoot so much but you're willing to spend signifigant time putting together soemething like this.

its pathetic. really.

act your age.

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake
    honestly.....get a life

You despise wingfoot so much but you're willing to spend signifigant time putting together soemething like this.

its pathetic. really.

act your age.
    Lighten up Francis. I thought is was pretty funny, and true. It's good to mock folks who take themselves too seriously.
    "If you don't know where you're going...any road will get you there."
    "He who's not busy living is busy dying"

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog49
    Lighten up Francis. I thought is was pretty funny, and true. It's good to mock folks who take themselves too seriously.
    it seemed pretty lame to me. I hear this crap about WF all the time and it usually goes back to something he did or said on HIS website.

He has invested capital in to a website which he runs. He is the owner of this property. He has every right to control the content, the direction and the rules of the site. Why should he invest with his own personal money in something that he can't support?

If you owned a store, and you thought someone was causing trouble, you would have every right to kick them out.

But for some reason, he is rediculed for it.

Maybe he is opinionated, maybe he DOES take himself to seriously. But since his character is so widely discussed and 'understood' by the hiking community, you should know exactly what you're getting in to if you go to his site. Yet plenty of people go there, say something that bothers the admin, and they get kicked out and then b*tch and moan and redicule WF. I see nothing wrong with that at all. If you don't like it, try starting your own hiking community and see if you can handle it.

And you've found your way to Whiteblaze. I mean its not like there arn't any other hiking forums out there. There are certainly better ones then TP. IMO Whiteblaze is a better source for hiking information ANYWAY, so why are you wasting your time obsessing over another man and his beliefs. He is just a man, he is just as entitled to his opinions and beliefs as you and I.

I can't believe I'm writing this about grown adults but it is pretty sad. Give it a rest cretins.

That a boy Blake, I'm with you.
    Maine2Georgia.com
    A Southbound Adventure

Images

Default Actually, I suspect Dan thinks some of those are funny!

Dan's pretty serious, and always has been. But I rather think that some of them he'd smile at.

But the best one was left off the list:

#1A: Accuse Dan of being a Bushie!

The Weasel
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

People have the 'right" to do a lot of things, including making an ass of themselves. That doesn't mean they should do it or not be called on it when they do. Wing Foot sets himself up for this kind of ridicule and fully deserves it.

Seems pretty stupid to host a forum but not allow an open discussion of ideas and opinions. He remids me of the Soup Nazi on Seinfield, if you say the wrong thing, "no soup for you". Funny stuff.
    "If you don't know where you're going...any road will get you there."
    "He who's not busy living is busy dying"

Journal Entries
    Images

We have to have Trailplace. It gives us one thing we all agree on and bitch about.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

I'm unique, just like everyone else........ One Leg's Avatar
    Images

Default ....still laughing....

Awesome post-!
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, you're a mile away, and you've got his shoes.

Default funny!

and i do still carry his book (or at least parts of it) when i hike

I thought it was pretty funny myself, but then again maybe it's an age thing. A good many of us over 40 types missed out on the indoctrination of correctness which has provided so much enlightenment. I'm sure in the not too distant future we will be able to enjoin in a class action against those who shaped our interests and tastes. Oh well, just for the record I have not been banned from WF and find some good information from his site on occassion. I guess humor as much as anything in life goes with HYOH.

What a pity that Will's first post here serves only to bash another website.

Note to Troll: We are NOT all in agreement about this issue. Most of us have doubts or questions about how Trailplace.com is administered and run, but in the final analysis, most of us simply don't care. But to say that we agree about bitching and moaning about this website is simply not true; most of us have far more important things to occupy our time.

Note to Will: Welcome to Whiteblaze and I hope you stick around, but please be aware that the Wingfoot bashing has gone on for years, and the majority of folks here are sick and tired of it. It's a private website, run by a private individual, who has a bunch of very clearly defined rules and regulations if you want to take part. If you don't follow the rules, you go. If the rules are too much for you, you go elsewhere. What's the big deal?

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

greetings Indrek...smokyred is driving back to AK right now called in from Whitecourt Alberta,,,says he is looking for a another bunch of girls to bring by your house this year ,,,don't know what I'm gonna do about that boy.

hope U are well.
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Geezer

It seems pretty simple to me.

Wingfoot has the right to do as he does.

Some people like what he says/does and have the right to say so.

Others don't like what he says/does and have the right to say so.

I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't have the right to do as he does. They just don't like what he does. That guy who is accepting money in PA has the right to accept your donations/old gear should you choose to give it. That doesn't mean that what he is doing cannot be discussed, and that two sides cannot have different opinions.

We are all allowed an opinion here. To try to stop people from expressing an opinion that differs from one's own isn't right, in my opinion, here or elsewhere. Three cheers for ATTROLL. Boo to those who try to force their views on everyone else.

If you like Wingfoot, support him. If you don't, feel free to say so. That's the beauty of this website as opposed to his.
    Frosty

Default SMS in AK

Hey Smoky! Hope your over wintering in Healy has been good. House is on the market and we hope to close NLT 31 May. I'll PM you later today with more news. Take care. P.S. Been raining down here in ANC for the past week.

Just a reminder... Regardless of how anyone feels about Dan "Wingfoot" Bruce, and I suspect there aren't alot of fence sitters, this is a Hiking Humor thread.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Images

Then lets open the thread up to the top ten things that would get you banned from Whiteblaze. Lets see...

Wait, I don't think we have banned that many people yet
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock
    Then lets open the thread up to the top ten things that would get you banned from Whiteblaze. Lets see...

Wait, I don't think we have banned that many people yet
    #10 Make jokes about other sites ad-infinitum
    #9 Carry a cast-iron frying pan, but never cook in it
    #8 Don't use an Ion stove
    #7 Keep calling it the "Adirondack Trail"
    #6 Create a wider variety of dancing bananas
    #5 Set aside 2 weeks to walk the entire trail
    #4 Wear cotton, and lots of it
    #3 Suggest sharing the trail with dirtbikes
    #2 Perform trail maintenance with a flamethrower
    #1 ...

GA-ME-04
    Images

Default iditarod

hey oruoja............did you get to see the start of the Iditarod? I got a liitle dissapointed to see that NC native Charlie Boulding dropped out, but he's a tough bird nonetheless.

Well, I've never been banned from T****P****, but here are a few more things that'll probably get you kicked off:
    Ask him how someone can thruhike seven times, rack up "25,000" AT miles, and yet so few remember ever meeting him on the trail.
    He says he's a consultant for backpacking manufactuers, ask him what gear, which manufactuers.
    He says he gives backpacking seminars. Ask him where, when, and who has gone.
    Ask him why he sued the ATC, and what the outcome of the lawsuit was.
    Ask him if he asked for permission from the ATC or the DataBook's editor to copy the DataBook's format into his guide.
    Ask him about the year he didn't produce a guidebook at all, but kept taking our checks and making excuses for months until finally admitting there was no book.
    Ask him if he's ever spoken to the DataBook's editor.
    Ask him why you have to make out your check to him personally, and not to "The Center For AT Studies", to order his guide book.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++