WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by OBXWaMi View Post
    I am sure there are many men who benefitted greatly from BSA in their youth and are volunteering their time to groom future good men. BUT my husband's family had quite a different experience in scouting. Both of his brothers were molested by their scout master, along with nearly a dozen other young boys--some of whom were severely physically handicapped.
    Many years and miles away...we have daughters who are Girl Scouts because I had wonderful women volunter their time to groom me into the best woman I could be.
    I am glad you posted that .. takes guts... I hope as a family you can move forward now.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by randyg45 View Post
    There are a lot of people who hate those who believe in any concept of right/wrong that is sticter than their own. They call those people intolerant.
    Caught your post on the backfly Randy... that has been bothering me from the beginning.... could not say it better.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

I'm wary around scouts, because kids at that age can really go wild if they are not supervised. Burning everything in sight, chopping up live trees, harassing wildlife, yelling and screaming all night, you name it. I only say that because I remember a few regrettable camping experiences during my own Scout years when the leaders let us go camping by ourselves. Pretty bad idea.
    Yet, I had cousins that had a superior scouting experience all the way to Eagle Scout.
    Depends on the troop, and the leaders mostly.

There are a lot of people who hate those who believe in any concept of right/wrong that is sticter than their own. They call those people intolerant.
    I've not read any posts from from those with either problems or disagreement with the Boy Scouts say they hate any anyone, neither Scouts or the self-righteous.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RockDoc View Post
    I'm wary around scouts, because kids at that age can really go wild if they are not supervised. Burning everything in sight, chopping up live trees, harassing wildlife, yelling and screaming all night, you name it. I only say that because I remember a few regrettable camping experiences during my own Scout years when the leaders let us go camping by ourselves. Pretty bad idea.
    Yet, I had cousins that had a superior scouting experience all the way to Eagle Scout.
    Depends on the troop, and the leaders mostly.
    it doesn't matter what age you are... you have clearly forgotten what a wild guy you are as a youth.... and apparently you are truly humble,,,,,

Woo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    I just how the Girl Scouts are actively seeking to celebrate their 100th anniversary by hiking the entire AT section by section via various troops until the entire trail is completed. ATC has them on their calendar of events. Kudos to them!
    I will make sure that that Saybrook Girl Scout leader finds out about that. Thanks!

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    I will make sure that that Saybrook Girl Scout leader finds out about that. Thanks!
    Hey Coach Lou, how was your trip to Wiley shelter this weekend? That's one of my favorite winter stops.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tophatxj View Post
    That is why gays don't belong in a group like that.
    Where in there did it say his scout master was gay??

Many, many who molest boys are not gay but in fact heterosexual.
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

I said a lot of kids, I did not say a specific number, because who knows how many? I agree people should not fake their sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa D View Post
    do you have some sort of statistics to back this "truth" up? I think you are wrong. Kids are abused by same sex people and opposite sex people - my guess is that since there are more "straight" oriented people that there more "straight" oriented abuse but I don't purport to have any statistics or data on this. - the only place that I know that same sex abuse is pretty well documented is in the catholic church (oops, religion, sorry), jail, and the military (oops again) and this is probably because of the forced separation of the sexes in these places more than anything. This is purely poorly contemplated obloquy.

I admire those who are able to live up to a moral (right/wrong) concept that is stricter than my own.

We need more folks like that.

Most of my friends think that I'm too tolerant because I try to see things from the other person's point of view. I have learned a LOT about myself that way (sometimes being too tolerant of people who might be wrong is my downfall).
    Last edited by Tinker; 01-30-2012 at 03:04.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
    Where in there did it say his scout master was gay??

Many, many who molest boys are not gay but in fact heterosexual.
    Not all gays are child molesters, but all men who [sexually] molest boys, are certainly homosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    I admire those who are able to live up to a moral (right/wrong) concept that is stricter than my own.

We need more folks like that.

Most of my friends think that I'm too tolerant because I try to see things from the other person's point of view. I have learned a LOT about myself that way (sometimes being too tolerant of people who might be wrong is my downfall).
    Tinker,you said exactly what I was thinking.How'd you do dat?I have always tried to surround myself with those who's compass points north and is smarter than the average bear(me).You are a G-damn guinness Gump,now disasenble your weapon and continue.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    Not all gays are child molesters, but all men who [sexually] molest boys, are certainly homosexual.
    Wow are you ever misinformed. Sad.
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Images

Sadder than hobosexual?
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Sorry folks, I asked nicely, twice, to keep in on point. Shutting this down.
    Don't take anything I say seriously... I certainly don't.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29
++ New Posts ++