WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    "outrageous hitchhike?" I assume you mean when I got lost & Cabana Boy and Dutch Tape picked me up and brought me back to the trail... or do you mean my road walk (not a hitch!) around Mahoosic Notch so I didn't end up dead like the moose? Actually I plan on doing Maine again this year. Walking the whole way. Been walking some all the time, including John Muir last year. Good to be back... I just gave the bs a rest
    HA HA - that's right -circumnavigation of the Notch! I knew it was something like that? Good luck in Maine - hope to see you on the trail!!

Journal Entries
    Images

The tentative dismantle date is now Wed the 7th. We are still waiting for final approval papers, so if the date changes again I'll update. If anyone is interested in joining the fun let me know.

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

Quote Originally Posted by mountain squid View Post
    The tentative dismantle date is now Wed the 7th. We are still waiting for final approval papers, so if the date changes again I'll update. If anyone is interested in joining the fun let me know.

See you on the trail,
    mt squid
    Squid, did anyone take any photos today? I meant to take a picture or two before we left this afternoon, but I was tired and I forgot.

Images

Jim, Im sure squid has pics of the removal of the Shelter. If he dont I have a few. Sarge

Journal Entries
    Images

If you haven't figured it out, Apple House Shelter is no more. You should have seen the mice scatter . . . We have reduced it to several piles of lumber. There were lots of nails so be careful when walking by. Eventually we will return to do something with the leftover wood and nails.

Just a Hiker and sarge95 and everyone else, I do have some photos and might upload some soon.

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

Images

Thanks for the work guys. That shelter was really too close to the road in an somewhat unfriendly-to-hiker area(well except for Mountain Harbour which is awesome;and by the way ask them about the best pizza in town).

Hopefully Stan Murray will remain. It is a good brunch stopping point-or lunch if you spent time to do the Grassy Ridge side trip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++