WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've got a ride now so I will be coming in on the FS Road the 28th, And starting NOBO early the 29th

Quote Originally Posted by bgood360 View Post
    I'm leaving Winston-Salem on the morning of the 28th and starting the Approach Trail on the morning of the 29th. If somethings falls through, PM me.
    Thanks Hat. I'm sure I'll be fine... just a little early for my proposed start date. As I'll already have climbed to the top of the Approach Trail on the 28th, I'll see you down the trail.

Birdman

CF97 > Everything Else.

Quote Originally Posted by louisb View Post
    The Legend of the Thru-Leapers. They started hiking the Appalachian Trail on February 29th but at midnight they all disappeared without a trace. Rumors say that every four years you will find them slowly making their way towards Mt. Katahdin.

Good luck!

--louis
    Man that would take a long time. Even if you were doing marathon days!!:P
    "... I know it is wrong, but I am for the spirit that makes young men do the things they do. I am for the glory that they know." --Sigurd Olson, Singing Wilderness.

AT '12, LT '13, CT '14, PCT '15

5 days left tell I fly out....crazy that its finally almost here.

Images

Picked up my AMTRAK tickets yesterday - 22 Feb. Pack explosion (yet again) to look at gear. Wait - I need food?!?!? Where's my extra socks? Do I really need 3 band-aids or will 2 be OK? Take both crocs or just hop around on one foot in the evenings in camp? Decisions, decisions.

Looked at the AT shelter weather list for today - 23 Feb: every single shelter/place of interest shows rain, sleet or snow likely. Better check that rain gear again!

"Oh, boy, this is gonna be GREAT!! " Flounder - 1962
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

On this day before Leap Day, I hiked up the Approach Trail this morning. 6 thruhikers had already left the Springer summit this morning. Met one while I was at Blaze 1 but 13 more on the way back to Amicalola Lodge. 1 solo guy, all the others were in pairs of 2. Beautiful weather today but tomorrow supposed to be heavy rain.

CF97 > Everything Else.

I'm still out on trail (Luray, VA). Who's still out there?
    "... I know it is wrong, but I am for the spirit that makes young men do the things they do. I am for the glory that they know." --Sigurd Olson, Singing Wilderness.

CF97 > Everything Else.

I know myself (Aug. 1), J.C. (Aug. 1) Orange Lightening (Aug. 2) and Yogi (sometime in June) finished. Anyone else finish? Anyone still hiking?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by fireneck View Post
    I know myself (Aug. 1), J.C. (Aug. 1) Orange Lightening (Aug. 2) and Yogi (sometime in June) finished. Anyone else finish? Anyone still hiking?

Good on ya, Fireneck! Glad you made it. I got to 500 miles, slipped in the mud on a FLAT section of Trail, severely sprained my right ankle and cracked my fibula. Orange Lightning, I remember. We went back to the Hostel on 02/03 Mar because of the tornado threats. Back on Trail on the 3rd was the last I saw him: he went bounding up the Trail !!

I'm planning ANOTHER 29 Feb start: 2016.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

I finished up in Port Clinton, PA on November 17th Thru-Leapers FTW!!!!!

CF97 > Everything Else.

Tomorrow I'm commemorating the anniversary by hoping on a Megabus and walking from Springer to Hiawase.

Can't wait to celebrate our one year anniversary of starting the trail in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by fireneck View Post
    Tomorrow I'm commemorating the anniversary by hoping on a Megabus and walking from Springer to Hiawase.

Can't wait to celebrate our one year anniversary of starting the trail in 2016.
    Have a great hike there fireneck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++