WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Poll: Boy Scouts of America,Yes or No? (not Public)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Boy Scouts Of America

We could run a thread forever about your experiences with scouting good or bad. So lets just find out how bad or good it is with my poll.

Images

Thanks, SS

Images

I see no poll?
    I was only in Boy Scouts for about two years total. I found the organized part of it kind of pretentious, the whole uniform and badges thing, but I liked the few outdoors things we did (not enough of them to keep me interested). In my late teens I got informally involved in my Uncle's troop a bit - mostly I helped him take the troop on hikes as he could never get many parents to volunteer.

I give my experience a 6 on a 0 to 10.

Since you have started posting you seem to have your finger stuck on the poll button.

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Are you serious?? Another boy scout thread? Our personal opinions differ. Such is life. Get over it.

Wow, way to take a complex issue and try to boil it down to black and white. Could have at least put a third option for those who don't see it one way.

I grew up in Scouting and am a firm believer in Scouting. We were voted the most active troop in the state of Michigan two years in a row. We went everywhere. We went to Ohio and got credit for going out of state. We went to Canada and got credit for going out of the country. We were donated a Christmas Tree farm by one of the Scoutmasters. We cut and planted trees and sold them in front of the Church and finally bought our own used school bus. Then the fun really began. And we owe all this to really great Scoutmasters. We never ever had a problem with pedophilia. Heck, all the Scoutmasters were my friends dads. We called each other queer and stuff but never really new what one was. It was most definitely a time of innocence. The biggest problem we had was with kids our own age. The tough guys. The cool kids. (My grandmother called them hoodlums- lol) It was tough to walk down the street and be taunted and verbally abused and I guess by todays terms bullied. We were called queers, "BOY" scouts, sissys, etc. we heard it all. Now, today, some of those same tough guys have their kids and grandkids in Scouting and some of them are even Scoutmasters themselves. Some have even told me they wish they would have gotten into Scouts when we did. I guess I could have posted this in the other thread but since I was in this one voting I just posted it here, and I guess you can tell which way I voted. My experience in Scouting gets a 10.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Kind of vague, are we voting to determine whether or not we believe the organization exists?

I'm an eagle scout and I would objectively give them a 90%-95% rating. Some of their policies need to be brought into the 21st century, but their problems are minuscule compared to the good that they do for the vast majority of those in scouting.
    Last edited by Sarcasm the elf; 01-27-2012 at 22:35.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

yes or no what?

kinda of a small pole you have there seaparrow!

Images

Haven't we discussed this for most of this week? Your For the Scouts{BSA & GSA} or Not.

The way I took it was your opinion of being in the scouts: good or bad experience. Maybe I missed something in the OP.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

I'm not voting, I started too much trouble on the last thread
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Images

One thing's for sure, based on this poll, they have a better approval rating than Congress

Hey, I learned something on the last couple of controversial threads and posts,there controversial,and more than I new before those threads and ideas were put out there.I gave my opinion and that's all it was an opinion.the opposition took on all comers both sides,Ain't America great,I think so.I mean unless ya just wanna argue then I go get some pop corn.put it to sleep for now.just my 2 cents.

Images

I got pulled from the first BSA thread - I better not test my luck here - it was fun though!

I am so glad there isnt a third option for people to choose Dont care or something. If you dont care just dont vote.

Images

BSA, yes or no?

Yes, I like seeing Boy Scouts on the AT, yes the BSA is full of fourteen kinds of BS, yes the BSA is the bomb for pedophiles?

One of the lamest polls or threads I've seen on WB for a while, and that's no easy achievement.
    Me no care, me here free beer. Tap keg, please?

Seasparrow,take no offence,no harm no foul I think were all just a little tired,well at least i am.....let it die

Images

so, it's 4:25 pm and you've just hiked 16 miles to a shelter, 15 boy scouts walk up making noise and start talking about building their bonfire - do you walk 6-10 miles to the next shelter of stay put and take it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++