WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    This is good stuff. I've always been critical of the bulky size of the Classic CC. The ability to roll up and store the Sidewinder inside your cook pot is a plus. Wonder what the performance difference between it and a fold flat Emberlit titanium stove is?

http://www.emberlit.com/buy.php
    I have used the emberlit Ti stove on my recent 6 day winter outing. The thing is awesome it boils water (3 cups of near ice water in about 12 minutes) and you can fry a over easy egg to perfection. All you need to do is gather up some twigs and brush nothing larger than 1/2 inch, stuff you can break up with your hands (3inch chunks) and just keep feeding the fire for as long as you need. My review this stove is, I found the best way to light it is with a candle and once it is burning don't cram it full of wood or it will smoke a lot. Also as your walking/hiking its best to gather small dry twigs when you see them and store them in a ziplock as when you decide to call it a day as you might not find ideal fire starting wood, however once you get this thing burning it will dry out any wet wood in a hurry. I'll try to post some pictures.

Images

i think its a great stove, but i use the aluminum one. when i fall on it and smash it i don't fell as bad. and i have
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Jim
    This is the Nimblewill Nomad, M. J. "Eb" Eberhart.
    Attachment 15038

Pretty sure he is not worried about manliness...
    Franco
    Thank you, Franco, for that important update. lol.

HJ
    Backpacking stove reviews and information: Adventures In Stoving

Quote Originally Posted by river1 View Post
    I'll try to post some pictures.
    That would be really cool to see it in operation along with any comments you might have.

HJ

Quote Originally Posted by hikin_jim View Post
    I've heard of FourDog before. I'd love to add them to the mix. It's just a matter of arranging for a test unit for me to use for the evaluation.

HJ
    I would say contact them out there at FourDog's they seem to be pretty friendly folks, as most cottage industries tend to be, there are plenty of independent vids on youtube testing them. They seem to be efficient in all three modes. Thanks for all the info you provide in stoving Jim.

"You have brains in your head/You have feet in your shoes/You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by 4Bears View Post
    I would say contact them out there at FourDog's they seem to be pretty friendly folks, as most cottage industries tend to be, there are plenty of independent vids on youtube testing them. They seem to be efficient in all three modes. Thanks for all the info you provide in stoving Jim.

If they're efficient in all three modes, then that's a really nice stove. The complaint I've seen about the Bushbuddy is that it's a bit of a kludge to use it with alcohol.

HJ

Quote Originally Posted by hikin_jim View Post
    If they're efficient in all three modes, then that's a really nice stove. The complaint I've seen about the Bushbuddy is that it's a bit of a kludge to use it with alcohol.

HJ
    Don't know about the "Bushbuddy's, on the 4 Dog site their vid shows in real time with wood from match strike to boil in about 6.5 minutes, here are 2 vids showing use with alcohol and esbit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyD_z...ain&playnext=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5J3y...ain&playnext=3
    "You have brains in your head/You have feet in your shoes/You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by 4Bears View Post
    Don't know about the "Bushbuddy's, on the 4 Dog site their vid shows in real time with wood from match strike to boil in about 6.5 minutes, here are 2 vids showing use with alcohol and esbit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyD_z...ain&playnext=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5J3y...ain&playnext=3
    Well, I'd definitely like to try one of the 4 Dog stoves. SO many stoves; so little time!

HJ

Quote Originally Posted by river1 View Post
    I have used the emberlit Ti stove on my recent 6 day winter outing... I'll try to post some pictures.
    Did you ever get a chance to shoot some photos of your Emberlit? I'd love to see them if you get a chance to post them. It's a stove you know.

HJ

Journal Entries
    Images

The best stove depends on your trip's variables. I only cook cabbage.
    David Smolinski

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++