WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Images

Default Lodging options in Catawba Area

Just wondered if anyone could tell me what options are available in this area. What is Four Pines like? Has anyone stayed at Crosstrails B&B? Any other options in this area? Costs/amenities? Thanks for any information!!

Hi B.B.
    I stayed at the Four Pines hostel several nights this past summer. It is very convenient - very close to the AT road crossing - a 10 minute walk. It is a large garage which has been converted into a hostel. It has the bare essentials - shower, toilet, frig, microwaves, a wood stove for warmth, and a few cots and sofas. Joe Mitchell, the owner, is very hospitable, and will help you with shuttles. He asks only for donations, but please remember to leave him something. I'm afraid that many hikers take advantage of donation only places. He does charge for the shuttles, but is not expensive. He will also take you in to Catawba to the Homeplace Restaurant, which you should not miss.

Have fun - Bessie Bree

PCT 2013, most of AT 2011, rest of AT 2014

Once you eat at the Homeplace if you've just come out of the woods, you'll feel like the universe has basically taken care of itself.

(Sorry I can't give better advice than that.)
    "Hahk your own hahk." - Ron Haven

"The world is a book, of which those who do not travel read only a page." - St. Augustine

http://www.scrubhiker.com/

++ New Posts ++