I posted the info. below to another forum, but I also think it is relevant to this forum. For anyone looking for a place to park for a through of the SNP or for just a couple of days of hiking, the 4-H center outside of Front Royal is a place I can recommend.

Additionally, you could park here if your hiking the Front Royal to Harpers Ferry Section. Laurel at the Tea Horse Hostel in Harpers Ferry shuttles down this far. I added the Tea Horse Hostel info. down below the 4H parking info.

An alternative to parking out on 522 is to park at the Front Royal 4-H Center. It is free and off the driven path. I parked there when I did a through of the SNP.If interested their info is below. Paste the link into your browser or just search for Front Royal 4H. There is an access trail that leads from the parking lot up to the AT.

http://www.nova4h.com

Hikers on the Appalachian Trail are permitted to park vehicles at the 4-H Center under the following guidelines:
  1. Hikers who wish to park must complete a parking form prior to their trip. The form may be returned to the 4-H Center via fax or in person.
  2. Cars may be parked for a maximum of 30 days. Please contact the 4-H Center for trips longer than 30 days.
  3. Cars must be parked in the parking area directly across from the pool and below the access trail.
Through-hikers may wish to take advantage of the pool and concession stand. You are welcome at the pool during regular business hours.

Teahorse B&B / Hostel
1312 Washington St.
Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
phone: (304) 535-6848 email: [email protected]

Furlough