WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Soft Bill Caps

Default Soft Bill Caps

Does anyone know where I can get a baseball-style hat with a soft bill? My current Mt Hardwear cap is getting worn and it seems they don't make them anymore. Soft bill hats can be stuffed in your pocket and wrung out when wet---very nice features for backpacking. Patagonia also used to make them but not anymore.

I have one that I bought at REI, years ago. It is nylon and mesh. Like you said, it can wrung out when wet. Try REI.
    Singletrack

I don't know about soft billed caps, but I definitely don't care for soft brimmed sun hats. The wind is constantly pushing up the brim, exposing your skin to rays. I'm happier with a baseball cap with a bandanna pinned to it.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Look at some runner's gear. I noticied some in Dicks this AM by Nike. all nylon, I think.

R

I guess I would consider my Marmot Dargoa cap a soft bill cap. The cap material is super thin and lightweight and the brim easily rolls up and whatnot. It is super comfortable, weighs little and is very durable. Its worth checking out.

++ New Posts ++