WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default NeoAir on sale for $80 at Campmor

Size small, 18 left...only $80 (old model) Was $130

Images

Ah, I thought (hoped) it was the regular size for $80.

Also, don't forget to click through Mr Rebates to get an extra 6% off on top of the sale!
    6% rebate off Campmor at Mr Rebates

thanks for the post! Still trying to decide whether or not the xlite will be worth the extra money.... thoughts?

I got the old model cause I prefer the square shape, easier to deflate and roll up, is it worth it? $50 for 1 ounce?

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    Ah, I thought (hoped) it was the regular size for $80.
    Why I said size small

Quote Originally Posted by stranger View Post
    I got the old model cause I prefer the square shape, easier to deflate and roll up, is it worth it? $50 for 1 ounce?
    The xlite also has a higher r-value

I agree with you on the shape. I much prefer a rectangular cut pad over a mummy style pad.

I have been wanting to get an All-Season to use as my winter pad, although, today an idea hit me about the xtherm. I imagine that even the large size in a mummy cut would be just as big as my regular size rectangular pad, and probably even a little bigger at the torso area. Of course there is a weight penalty. A regular size All Season weighs 19 oz, where as the large size xtherm weighs 3 oz more at 22 oz, however, the xtherm has a higher R-Value (4.9 vs 5.7).

Anyway, this thread is not about that so...

That is a good deal, makes me wish I had the $80 to blow on it... It would make a great pad for my 10 year old son. Oh well...I have a feeling that we just may start seeing more deals on the regular Neo's now that all of these other versions are coming out. I just hope that they keep the classic version around though...
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

Quote Originally Posted by dalemc View Post
    The xlite also has a higher r-value
    If I was concerned with R Value I wouldnt' be taking a NeoAir, I don't trust any R Value on a air mattress with no foam, I'm buying this purely for summer.

Hike smarter, not harder.

BPL tested inflatable pads, and I think the Neoair was pretty accurate on R-values. $80? That's what I paid for my regular sized Exped Synmat 7 UL, shipped from New Zealand!
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by skinewmexico View Post
    BPL tested inflatable pads, and I think the Neoair was pretty accurate on R-values. $80? That's what I paid for my regular sized Exped Synmat 7 UL, shipped from New Zealand!
    Thermarest is made in Seattle, Washington. I think the Exped's are made in Germany.
    Singletrack

If I was concerned with R Value I wouldnt' be taking a NeoAir, I don't trust any R Value on a air mattress with no foam, I'm buying this purely for summer.
    One can put a CCF pad under the neoair in colder weather and sill have the comfort of the neoair. I figured a higher R-value could take you a little colder before carrying the extra pad. But yeah, not sure it is worth the $50!

Quote Originally Posted by dalemc View Post
    One can put a CCF pad under the neoair in colder weather and sill have the comfort of the neoair. I figured a higher R-value could take you a little colder before carrying the extra pad. But yeah, not sure it is worth the $50!
    Put the pad on top of the mattress and it will be warmer. The mattress on top allows warm body air to exchange with colder air from the sides and bottom (remember, the ccf pad doesn't create heat, it just holds it). The closer it is to the body, the better it will be at retaining heat, and it will not be heating a bunch of empty air space (in the pad). Cushion-wise, it doesn't matter whether the air in the NeoAir is warm or cool if the ccf pad is between it and you.
    I've used this method with a Big Agnes Air Core Mummy pad. Science and experience.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

REI was phasing the old Neo's out. You can find them on clearance in the store, about the same sort of deal.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

I was eyeing these but my wallet went ultra light just ahead of my pack. Updating all my gear has been a spendy undertaking

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

That last pound cost $$$$$$$....

I jut got the lg in the mail today for 88$ with free shipping from backwoods.com.They had a sale of 50% off all last week.

Images

isnt exped made in canada
    "you cant grow old if you never grow up" ~TUswm

good point! i agree with your!the information I’m sending it to some friends!

Quote Originally Posted by slow View Post
    I jut got the lg in the mail today for 88$ with free shipping from backwoods.com.They had a sale of 50% off all last week.
    I wish I knew this!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++