WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lasiks

Images

Quote Originally Posted by One-8T View Post
    Holy crap that is a fast turn around. Didn't you just have the consult today? I have my consult tomorrow and if they offer me surgery on Friday I'll freak. They told me it could be several weeks or months between consult and surgery. Congrats and god luck.
    Where are you going???
    Yes, my consult was today. And on the paper work there was a box to check if you wanted to do it the same day as the consult if they had the time.

I had Lasik in 2005. I put it off until then because of my profession as I was concerned with visual acuity (ability to see detail). It was one of the best decisions I have ever done, a real life-changer. Being that I was in my late 40s I knew that I would still need reading glasses for close work. I was already into bifocals prior to the surgery.
    I went for a dayhike THE DAY AFTER the surgery. I will say that there was about a 10-14 day window in there where I felt my vision changed slightly from day to day. Once I settled in I was 20/20 and am still 20/20 seven years later.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

If she had the surg today, and follows directions, she won't post until tomorrow. Hope all went well. I'm sure it did.

Images

It went well. Eyes burn but I'm able to keep them open for longer periods of time. Seeing better already

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Echo View Post
    It went well. Eyes burn but I'm able to keep them open for longer periods of time. Seeing better already
    Awesome. After my experience I gave my daughter Lasik for her 21st birthday.

Now, don't rub those eyes. DO expect some visual fluctuations over the next few days to a week.......normal.

Where are you going???
    Yes, my consult was today. And on the paper work there was a box to check if you wanted to do it the same day as the consult if they had the time.
    I am having it done at Duke University Eye Center. Believe it or not, I am actually having it tomorrow. They initially said a few weeks but they had two people call to cancel and back out before I went in for scheduling....lucky me I guess. Now I get to see better sooner and they can get my money faster. Everybody wins

Glad to hear you're not suffering too much. Good luck with the recovery.

Images

I went to Lasiks Plus.

Ive already been to my follow up today. I now have 20/20 vision!!
    My eyes are puffy and I have red spots on them. My vision is still hazy but has already improved from yesterday. My eyes get tired easily, but its still a big improvement over yesterday when I had problems keeping them open and they watered like crazy. I'm a happy I did it

I went to Lasiks Plus.

Ive already been to my follow up today. I now have 20/20 vision!!
    My eyes are puffy and I have red spots on them. My vision is still hazy but has already improved from yesterday. My eyes get tired easily, but its still a big improvement over yesterday when I had problems keeping them open and they watered like crazy. I'm a happy I did it
    I'm heading under the laser in 4.5 hours. Starting to get anxious and thinking they may need to give me some decent sedatives to keep me from becoming a cyclops or a permanent Blackbeard impersonator.

Primary reason for doing this is for long distance hikes and I can't wait to hit the Smokies again this Spring--free of foggy glasses. Thanks for the updates.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by One-8T View Post
    I'm heading under the laser in 4.5 hours. Starting to get anxious and thinking they may need to give me some decent sedatives to keep me from becoming a cyclops or a permanent Blackbeard impersonator.

Primary reason for doing this is for long distance hikes and I can't wait to hit the Smokies again this Spring--free of foggy glasses. Thanks for the updates.
    You will be fine! There is some uncomfortable pressure when they cut the cornea, but they do put numbing drops in your eyes. It lasted about 30 seconds for each eye. After that its the home stretch. you lay there and watch the green light. and just enjoy the psychodelic light show. they put more drops in and rub your eyes with a qtip. I'm assuming that is when they smooth the cornea flap back down. Afterwards they take you to the recovery room. You are in there for just a few minutes. The dr checks your eyes to make sure everything looks good and the flap is smooth and then you are out of there. Just make sure to have someone to drive you home.

Images

OH! And don't freak out when they cut the flap cause everything will go black for a second. Then its black and white patterns. You will be fine. If I can do it, you can too. I'm the chick who always bites the dentist one good time. Dumbass shouldn't make a living sticking his nasty hands into peoples mouth! *snort*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++