WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: AT speed record

Working on Forestry Grad schol

Sean blanton, the runbum.com guy isn't a very impressive runner.

He's a 3:05 road marathoner. That's like the top end of hobby joggers. Doesn't even earn you a spot in boston.

Not even a little bit surprised that the AT cracked him.

Just a thought, how many marathons did W Leonard win? I beleive he was non gps tracked type, FKT must be upset. How come nobody disputes his record?(respect? or he just dont give a dam,he knows it) Did he run the A.T.? I always thought injury was more prone running than alpine style hiking, why run when you can walk all day(S Fox pct 2011)? How many books does Mr. Leonard have, or his motivation pure passion for the A.T.? Sorry, im just a curious cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Appleseed View Post
    ...I always thought injury was more prone running than alpine style hiking, why run when you can walk all day....
    No, running does not lead to more injuries; the bulk of the injuries are from people doing it wrong. Here's an article that explains it http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...s-get-injured/

And it also answers why one should run vice walk -- as with everything it comes down to sex -- specifically, more sex...

"...Adam I. Daoud, a graduate student in the Skeletal Biology Laboratory at Harvard and the lab’s director, Daniel Lieberman, an evolutionary biologist who co-wrote an influential 2004 paper suggesting that distance running guided the evolution of early man — with better runners earning more food and sex than plodders and passing along their genes — ..."

Images

Speaking of speed hikes, anyone remember that guy Nature Boy who was going for the record a year or two ago before getting beat up? He just completed the McNaughton 500(500 miles) in a little over 8 days.
    http://noboundariesmultisport.com/mcnaughton-500/

With all due respect John Gault, which is none because I dont know you, this does not say anywhere a comparison of regular hiking pace with a load vrs running with a load. I guess the supported record would be different for runners but this is the A.T. speed record thread, and I doubt it will ever be beaten in unsupported fashion. Thats my unrespectable opinion, and it looks safe for a while. Thanks for the effort though, it was good hearted, I think.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Appleseed View Post
    With all due respect John Gault, which is none because I dont know you, this does not say anywhere a comparison of regular hiking pace with a load vrs running with a load. I guess the supported record would be different for runners but this is the A.T. speed record thread, and I doubt it will ever be beaten in unsupported fashion. Thats my unrespectable opinion, and it looks safe for a while. Thanks for the effort though, it was good hearted, I think.......
    Can you not respect someone if you don't know them?
    Just saying
    "Teufel Hunden"

Let me clarify, I doubt it will ever be beaten by a runner in unsupported fashion. As for respect, I use to give it away, but ive been way to bitter, pissed, and chock full of hate for others(not WB people per say), it leaves me numb to the needs of respect by people who have not earned mine. Thats my problem, not yours, nor do I ask for respect in return, if I wanted it, I would just take it. I also dont preach non respect, its a personal choice we all make that may change with age, booze, pills,relationships, bad jobs, bad tasting water, etc... or getting blindsided by piece of $%^& backstabbers of low character. Have a nice day.

Images

send me a donation next. lol

Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by tenn_hiker View Post
    Can you not respect someone if you don't know them?
    Just saying
    Yes,but you can disrespect them tooand not know them.I don't think Mikey was trying to be disrespectful,just voicing his opinion based on his understanding of the situation,and in fact I think he was trying,"to be" respectful.jm2c and imhp.

The donation thing is off topic, yet it was started as a inside joke to make a fool of glorified weasels who take donations under the names of others and claim glory and praise. I took it to the level it needed to be to help them understand, AKA enlighten. To maintain topic on this post, let me just say, Go speed freaks! Get your sponsor on, why work for it. It makes quiting easier!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++