WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default tarp through the whites

going sobo in june, carrying a non-freestanding tarp. is this going to be a problem through the whites? i wana get through the least expensive way possible. like not alot of hut stays. thanks for the help

Images

I did it on my thru. you may have to plan on some long cords for tie offs though. Also it helps to carry a few light weight screw in hooks to anchor into wooden tent platforms & a hiking stick or trcking poles can come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    going sobo in june, carrying a non-freestanding tarp. is this going to be a problem through the whites? i wana get through the least expensive way possible. like not alot of hut stays. thanks for the help
    Carry extra line and tie off to bushes or rocks around the tent platforms - no problem with a little ingenuity.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

I sure hope you have a bug bivy for that tarp cuz if you don't you will be eaten alive. If your going SOBO through Maine in June, bug protection is a must or you will be driven out of the woods.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

thanks guys sounds good, and yes sir i do have bug protection, im super STOKED

Garlic
    Images

Same deal, l used a tarptent there in June and it worked fine. A little ingenuity, yes. Major problems, no.
    "Throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." John Muir on expedition planning

++ New Posts ++